The Student Room Group

Can I study medicine for year 2023 (as HOME BASED) while waiting for my ILR

Hi, I need your help and guidance.

Basically, I am working as a nurse here in the UK for 4 years now (I finished my nursing degree abroad). But I wanted to pursue my dream in becoming a doctor hence I decided to study medicine. Unfortunately, I don’t hold an ILR (indefinite leave to remain) but a working visa instead. I will be eligible, though, to apply for ILR on May 2023 (right before classes begin on September). I am just wondering, can I still apply this year 2022 for 2023 undergraduate entry in medicine and have a HOME BASED fee instead of international fee because I cant afford that. Or do I really have to wait for my ILR prior applying (which will be next year for 2024 entry)?

As per UCAS system, you can, as long as you get your ILR before the classes begin but I am not sure if there’s anyone in this forum had similar case with me. I just want some enlightenment and guidance.

Any positive advice would really be helpful.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by kimsenerez
Hi, I need your help and guidance.

Basically, I am working as a nurse here in the UK for 4 years now (I finished my nursing degree abroad). But I wanted to pursue my dream in becoming a doctor hence I decided to study medicine. Unfortunately, I don’t hold an ILR (indefinite leave to remain) but a working visa instead. I will be eligible, though, to apply for ILR on May 2023 (right before classes begin on September). I am just wondering, can I still apply this year 2022 for 2023 undergraduate entry in medicine and have a HOME BASED fee instead of international fee because I cant afford that. Or do I really have to wait for my ILR prior applying (which will be next year for 2024 entry)?

As per UCAS system, you can, as long as you get your ILR before the classes begin but I am not sure if there’s anyone in this forum had similar case with me. I just want some enlightenment and guidance.

Any positive advice would really be helpful.

Thank you.

Hi,

Was this sorted? In a similar situation

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending