The Student Room Group

Help! What A-Levels should I take!!

So for my GCSE's I have taken geography, spanish, music and DT (my school didn't offer textiles seperately). Now I am thinking about my A level options and I am thinking about taking psychology, textiles, english lit and biology.

I either want to be a fashion journalist or a therapist so are these A levels suitable or not? I am working at a 8 in DT, 7 in english and biology.
Original post by georgiagreen18
So for my GCSE's I have taken geography, spanish, music and DT (my school didn't offer textiles seperately). Now I am thinking about my A level options and I am thinking about taking psychology, textiles, english lit and biology.

I either want to be a fashion journalist or a therapist so are these A levels suitable or not? I am working at a 8 in DT, 7 in english and biology.

With those grades, I wonder whether you're better off doing 3 A levels.
Original post by georgiagreen18

4 A levels is quite a big work load. if you can manage that, i’m sure your subjects are fine for what you want to do, but the most important thing is to get the good grades for the ucas points. it may be easier to choose 3 A levels instead of 4 to get those grades, but i don’t know how you work, so you could do just fine. good luck either way!
Lots of good advice here about Choosing 6th Form Subjects - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/choosing-your-subjects
Original post by Theloniouss
With those grades, I wonder whether you're better off doing 3 A levels.

I wasn't able to take 3 because my sixth form requires 4 AS subjects the first year and then 3 the final year. But I ended up choosing psychology, chemistry, biology and english literature hopefully going into psychology for university. Currently i'm working at ABBB but biology is by far my worst :/

Quick Reply

Latest