The Student Room Group

Personality or Looks?

Are girls more interested in someone for their looks more over their personality? It looks like that is the case in most situations?

I am talking about girls in the age range of 19 onwards

Scroll to see replies

Looks from what I've observed. But many will claim that they want personality.
Hasn't this been asked to death?
Reply 3
It depends on the character.Some pay attention to the looks and some don't really care about the appearance.
Reply 4
Most girls are attracted due to looks but what makes them really like a guy is personality. For girls 19+ they are probably more into personality tbh
Original post by GyrosUberAlles
Hasn't this been asked to death?

Yes and it’s still a pretty useless question.
Both.
Reply 7
I like both. Would like above average looks and the best personality i can find (both are a bit subjective).
Original post by Anonymous
Are girls more interested in someone for their looks more over their personality? It looks like that is the case in most situations?

Personality over looks. And looks mean different things to different girls. There isn't one standard for men like it is for women. A woman has to have big breasts to be considered hot and a vast proportion of men won't even consider dating women below this standard. In case of men he can look whatever he wants and still be considered hot.
Definitely personality and of course intelligence.
If he's good looking then that's a plus.
Depends on the specific girl- her dealbreakers, preferences and type of dating or sexual arrangement she is interested in.
Different girls have very different attraction dealbreakers, ambitions, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Just like different guys do.

Usually with a ons or casual sex arrangement- the majority focus will be on a potential hookup's body appearance, looks and short term sexual compatibility.
When seeking a potential partner for a medium or long term relationship, dealbreakers are likely to be more evenly divided up between: personality, appearance, shared ambitions, personal values, compatible lifestyles and standards of living.
Original post by Anonymous

If you're talking about someone they want to date, then this is a stupid and unrealistic question because it is clearly a combination of both. Life isn't a game of would you rather. You should take care in your appearance but don't worry about looks that you can't change, and you should have a good personality too, however, personality is subjective because different people get along with different people. Attractiveness is a combination, for example, a really hot guy wouldn't be attractive if he was rude and mean. And lovely people personality-wise might not be sexually attractive to someone. Just be yourself and you'll find someone who likes you for you.
Original post by Biubiu43
Personality over looks. And looks mean different things to different girls. There isn't one standard for men like it is for women. A woman has to have big breasts to be considered hot and a vast proportion of men won't even consider dating women below this standard. In case of men he can look whatever he wants and still be considered hot.

Your breasts may not be big but they seem to be a big part of your personality.
If I am being perfectly honest, on dating apps, I have decided to recently go for people I find really physically attractive because I've went on dates with guys who aren't that cute and it didn't go well. Honestly if you think the person is cute looking or hot looking, you already have some feeling towards them and if they have a good personality then it's just the icing on the cake. What's wrong with that? Some people are just nice to look at.
Both. What's the point in dating a funny man who looks like a troll, what's the point in dating a man who has the figure of a god but has the humour and personality of a saltine cracker?
Don't believe the liars or those who are trying to seem nice or politically correct. Looks matter more than personality, at least in dating and sex. Guys want a bad b*tch with big lips, big a$s and big boobs, even guys who don't dig that, want a cute girl with long hair and pretty looking.

Even making friendships, admit it, all the popular kids were above average looking. Or they had expensive things or branded clothes. It wasn't based on personality.
Looks and money are everything
Original post by dck tonight
don't believe the liars or those who are trying to seem nice or politically correct. Looks matter more than personality, at least in dating and sex. guys want a bad b*tch with big lips, big a$s and big boobs, even guys who don't dig that, want a cute girl with long hair and pretty looking.

even making friendships, admit it, all the popular kids were above average looking. Or they had expensive things or branded clothes. It wasn't based on personality.

calm down dude.
Original post by Moonlight rain
If I am being perfectly honest, on dating apps, I have decided to recently go for people I find really physically attractive because I've went on dates with guys who aren't that cute and it didn't go well. Honestly if you think the person is cute looking or hot looking, you already have some feeling towards them and if they have a good personality then it's just the icing on the cake. What's wrong with that? Some people are just nice to look at.

Thanks for speaking the truth and not being a hypocrite like most girls out there.👏
Personal connection with someone is the most important thing in dating for most people. There isn't one specific "attractive personality" just as there isn't one set of looks that everyone finds attractive but in general personality is more important than looks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending