The Student Room Group

Porsche Apprenticeship

Hi guys, I have an apprenticeship interview with Porsche as a vehicle technician and wanted to know if anyone knew the annual wage. Porsche have not told me this information yet. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by JordanM97
Hi guys, I have an apprenticeship interview with Porsche as a vehicle technician and wanted to know if anyone knew the annual wage. Porsche have not told me this information yet. Thanks.

Real question, how the hell did you get an interview with Porsche? I'd imagine they'd pay a lot higher than apprentice minimum wage.
Reply 2
Original post by Xopher_
Real question, how the hell did you get an interview with Porsche? I'd imagine they'd pay a lot higher than apprentice minimum wage.

I've had previous experience in a body shop and work with Peugeot and Citroen. So I guess that appeals to them haha
Reply 3
I've had previous experience in a body shop and work with Peugeot and Citroen. So I guess that appeals to them haha

Interesting. I'm a mechanical apprentice now, and I really want to work for a main dealer like VW, so maybe I'll be able to apply after I've finished my apprenticeship. Just a better working environment and learning opportunities in general imo.
Reply 4
Sounds intriguing but I would be concerned you are just training for an assembler role and no potential development for a strong career?

Honest opinion would be try find a technical apprenticeship where they help you get to HND level so you can become an engineer.
Reply 5
As for salary probably 10-12k for first year, pretty standard for large engineering firms.
Reply 6
Original post by Xopher_
Interesting. I'm a mechanical apprentice now, and I really want to work for a main dealer like VW, so maybe I'll be able to apply after I've finished my apprenticeship. Just a better working environment and learning opportunities in general imo.

Try rolls royce, will be easier to get into, but not guaranteed to be on the car side!
Reply 7
It's 20k :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending