The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London MET late submission

Does anyone know what the policy is for submitting work late at london met? I can’t find any info online and the help desk don’t seem to know anything
Usually there should be some programme/departmental/university undergraduate handbook which details this and other such information. Some unis cap all work received late, no matter how late, at 40%; others have a sliding scale where you are deducted 10% for each day it is late, down to 40%; others may have different formats. If you can't find any documentation about it I'd suggest getting in touch with your personal tutor/director of studies or the module convener who should be able to direct you to where to find that and/or tell you directly.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Usually there should be some programme/departmental/university undergraduate handbook which details this and other such information. Some unis cap all work received late, no matter how late, at 40%; others have a sliding scale where you are deducted 10% for each day it is late, down to 40%; others may have different formats. If you can't find any documentation about it I'd suggest getting in touch with your personal tutor/director of studies or the module convener who should be able to direct you to where to find that and/or tell you directly.

Thanks for your reply. My I couldn’t find it anywhere online since the course books only detail it from 2008-9. My tutor did respond, would you be able to interpret this for me ( sorry, brain fog - I’ve been up for days)

Any work which has agreed mitigating circumstances and extensions will be uncapped in the resit/late sit period . Any resit /late sit work which does NOT have mit circuits or agreed extended deadline is capped 40% . The means that even if the work is submitted by the deadline and the work is a pass grade higher than 40% you may not be awarded more than 40%. If you do not submit or have no mit circs or agreed extension this will be a failed grade .
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply. My I couldn’t find it anywhere online since the course books only detail it from 2008-9. My tutor did respond, would you be able to interpret this for me ( sorry, brain fog - I’ve been up for days)

Any work which has agreed mitigating circumstances and extensions will be uncapped in the resit/late sit period . Any resit /late sit work which does NOT have mit circuits or agreed extended deadline is capped 40% . The means that even if the work is submitted by the deadline and the work is a pass grade higher than 40% you may not be awarded more than 40%. If you do not submit or have no mit circs or agreed extension this will be a failed grade .

There are three cases:

a) You submit the work and have mitigating circumstances and/or an extension - you will get the full grade
b) You submit the work and do not have mitigating circumstances and/or an extension - you will be capped at 40%
c) You do not submit the work - you will get a failing grade (presumably 0%)

So you just need to figure out which category you are in. It sounds like you are in b) but if you did have an extension agreed and submitted by then, or have mitigating circumstances that have been agreed for that piece of work, then you might be in a). If you don't submit you would be in c) - so it would be better to submit, even if very late, than to not submit anything!
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
There are three cases:

a) You submit the work and have mitigating circumstances and/or an extension - you will get the full grade
b) You submit the work and do not have mitigating circumstances and/or an extension - you will be capped at 40%
c) You do not submit the work - you will get a failing grade (presumably 0%)

So you just need to figure out which category you are in. It sounds like you are in b) but if you did have an extension agreed and submitted by then, or have mitigating circumstances that have been agreed for that piece of work, then you might be in a). If you don't submit you would be in c) - so it would be better to submit, even if very late, than to not submit anything!

Thank you!! Is there any way of finding out when the “late sit” period is? I was supposed to submit today - not sure if I should submit tomorrow and just face the cap or submit mitigation for illness
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you!! Is there any way of finding out when the “late sit” period is? I was supposed to submit today - not sure if I should submit tomorrow and just face the cap or submit mitigation for illness

For the resit period you would need to get in touch with your uni. Usually it takes place in August sometime I think?

Do you have mitigating circumstances? If so you should submit those for consideration - you've nothing to lose by doing so. I'd definitely recommend discussing that situation with your personal tutor regarding the process and time frame for submitting that in and what support your uni can offer you.
Reply 6
So is there a further resit period? I had mitigating circumstances and was advised to submit again but not sure if I should just submit and face the cap. I can only submit mitigation if I do not submit at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending