The Student Room Group

Cambridge Economics Applicants Thread 2022

Hello, seeing the thread for 2021 applicants, I thought getting on the ride would never be too early! I myself have many questions regarding Cambridge and economics, so this thread could be to share our thoughts and keep each other posted along the application process. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am Kyle and am applying to Cambridge for econ this year, so far I am drafting my personal statement and have just started preparing for the ECAA. btw... What resources are you guys using to prep for ECAA?
Reply 2
Original post by kyleecon
Hi, I am Kyle and am applying to Cambridge for econ this year, so far I am drafting my personal statement and have just started preparing for the ECAA. btw... What resources are you guys using to prep for ECAA?

Hi, nice to meet you!

I'm currently solving the past papers, but since we don't have that many, I'm looking into some UKMT Senior Maths challenges, Kangaroo papers, and even STEP/MAT exams used for maths courses. I'm not sure if the ECAA guidebook on Amazon is helpful, but I might buy it, just for the extra questions.
Hi, I'm Jane, and just wanted to say this forum was a great idea! I'm looking to apply to Cambridge for econ, but really unsure about what college I should choose. Does anyone have any advice?
I'm also taking Maths, further maths, economics and physics for A-Levels, what's everyone else taking?
Reply 5
Original post by Janedriver
I'm also taking Maths, further maths, economics and physics for A-Levels, what's everyone else taking?

me too :smile:
Reply 6
@Janedriver
Btw how is your prep for the ECAA going?
@Janedriver
Btw how is your prep for the ECAA going?

I think it's going pretty well, I've just started and bought a book online which seems to be really helpful with practise questions and stuff, I think I'll continue with that and just do papers.
How about you?
Reply 8
I think it's going pretty well, I've just started and bought a book online which seems to be really helpful with practise questions and stuff, I think I'll continue with that and just do papers.
How about you?

I've just been doing past papers. I probably should buy a book or smth.
Btw which book did you buy?
Hello everyone :smile:
I hope to study econ at cambridge and study maths further maths and econ. How is everyone's personal statement going? xx
I've just been doing past papers. I probably should buy a book or smth.
Btw which book did you buy?

It was a recently released book on Amazon, there are some good essays and info. Its called the comprehensive ecaa guide
It was a recently released book on Amazon, there are some good essays and info. Its called the comprehensive ecaa guide

ah sounds good could you link it by any chance as I can't seem to find it :smile: :smile:
Original post by hallaluliah
Hello everyone :smile:
I hope to study econ at cambridge and study maths further maths and econ. How is everyone's personal statement going? xx

It is going good I think, but I think you never really know if your statement is good. A lot of people who think they have an excellent PS have found out the hard way in previous years.
ah sounds good could you link it by any chance as I can't seem to find it :smile: :smile:

I'm afraid I cannot link it, but its the one with 400 practise questions, 20 essays. The front is a neon blue kinda colour and the authors names are Sachin and Thapan, if that helps?
I'm afraid I cannot link it, but its the one with 400 practise questions, 20 essays. The front is a neon blue kinda colour and the authors names are Sachin and Thapan, if that helps?

I think I have found it, i'll order it today and hopefully its good prep.
Reply 15
Yeah I have just started preparing for the ecaa and it is annoying they don't have worked solutions since I have no clue for some of the questions. Does anyone have any good resources to prepare for it?
The book I’m using that I mentioned above has pretty detailed worked solutions for all 400 maths questions it contains, so it might be worth checking that out?
Reply 17
What super curricular activities are you guys doing and writing for the PS?
Original post by sararah04
What super curricular activities are you guys doing and writing for the PS?

Economics society. MOOC. IEA internship. Two essay comps.
Reply 19
Hi, I'm Jane, and just wanted to say this forum was a great idea! I'm looking to apply to Cambridge for econ, but really unsure about what college I should choose. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Jane, I'm looking to apply for Econ at Cambridge too. I still haven't decided completely on a college yet but here are some factors that might help you narrow it down: admission requirements and interview format, size of college (number of undergrads studying your course there each year), whether or not you'd like to go to an all-female one, location and distance from the economics faculty
The best thing to help decide is to visit if you can - right now, we can only walk through the grounds and speak to porters but it did really help give a 'feel' for each place and think about whether you could see yourself living there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending