The Student Room Group

Need help writing an email to sixth form!

So I enrolled at two sixth forms because I wasn't sure which one I wanted to attend, but now that I have chosen one, I need to send an email saying I would like to unenrol. Can someone help me write one please?

I was just thinking of writing something like what I've posted below but I feel like it's too short not worded well at all :frown:

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that I wish to unenrol from [School Name] and will not be attending in September.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
[My name]

Thank you for the help!! :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bluetaetae_12
So I enrolled at two sixth forms because I wasn't sure which one I wanted to attend, but now that I have chosen one, I need to send an email saying I would like to unenrol. Can someone help me write one please?

I was just thinking of writing something like what I've posted below but I feel like it's too short not worded well at all :frown:

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that I wish to unenrol from [School Name] and will not be attending in September.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
[My name]

You may want to may it slightly more formal. This is what I'd write:

To whom it may concern,

I am emailing to inform you that I no longer require a space in the September 2021 cohort at [school name] and therefore wish to unenrol. Please inform me of any further steps I may need to complete in order to officially unenrol.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,
[Your name]

This obviously isn't a perfect email so see what others say too and I also recommend typing whatever you plan to send into a word document and using the editor tool to help (you don't have to use all of its suggestions but it often picks up on stuff you don't!).

Good luck for September :smile:
Original post by gryffindor_02
You may want to may it slightly more formal. This is what I'd write:

To whom it may concern,

I am emailing to inform you that I no longer require a space in the September 2021 cohort at [school name] and therefore wish to unenrol. Please inform me of any further steps I may need to complete in order to officially unenrol.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,
[Your name]

This obviously isn't a perfect email so see what others say too and I also recommend typing whatever you plan to send into a word document and using the editor tool to help (you don't have to use all of its suggestions but it often picks up on stuff you don't!).

Good luck for September :smile:

Thank you so much! That is definitely better than mine xD
Thank you so much! That is definitely better than mine xD

Do this asap - you are stopping someone else taking a place. Why did you enrol at two?
Original post by Muttley79
Do this asap - you are stopping someone else taking a place. Why did you enrol at two?

My first choice was the other sixth form but when I went to enrol they made me change my subject choices and I realised that it wasn't for me. Also due to my current health status, I'm not sure if I'm fit to travel to that school anymore. As a result, I also enrolled at another sixth form which is closer to where I live and overall easier for me to attend.
My first choice was the other sixth form but when I went to enrol they made me change my subject choices and I realised that it wasn't for me. Also due to my current health status, I'm not sure if I'm fit to travel to that school anymore. As a result, I also enrolled at another sixth form which is closer to where I live and overall easier for me to attend.

Well say you were not happy to change options and you realised that the travelling would be too much.

Hello!

Thank you!

Kind regards,
[My name]

Hi,

I see you have a great reply to your question from Gryffindor_02. I hope you managed to send your letter declining the place. I just wanted to add that many people apply to multiple colleges and well done getting two offers. The college doesn't need an explanation from you - all they are interested in is that you no longer want the place so don't worry about saying no to them. This happens all the time and you really don't have to explain anything further than - I no longer want the place. Best of luck.
Original post by ItsWomanToYou
Hi,

I see you have a great reply to your question from Gryffindor_02. I hope you managed to send your letter declining the place. I just wanted to add that many people apply to multiple colleges and well done getting two offers. The college doesn't need an explanation from you - all they are interested in is that you no longer want the place so don't worry about saying no to them. This happens all the time and you really don't have to explain anything further than - I no longer want the place. Best of luck.

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me!! :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ItsWomanToYou
Hi,

This wasn't two OFFERS - the OP actually enrolled at two - this is taking a place from someone.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79

You should always enrol to more than one just in case one of them doesn’t accept you.
Original post by Haksu
You should always enrol to more than one just in case one of them doesn’t accept you.

No you apply to two - you do NOT enrol at two that's a formal commitmment to attend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending