The Student Room Group

Is it okay if I just ignore economics a level this year

Last year I got a D, and I literally studied so hard. I cant see myself studying and going through another year of economics. Call me lazy or whatever, but I know I tried my hardest. I spent several weeks studying for that mock exam. I literally didn’t study for english and got an A but this one I spent so much time on, only to see a D thrown on my desk. I’d rather take a gap year and do another a level as my third a level. I just won’t show up to anymore economic exams if that’s a solution.

Edit: this was a stupid idea, not gonna do this anymore lmfao
(edited 2 years ago)
Why would you do that? Surely a D or C is better than a U
Original post by _gcx

a D is pretty bad, C, D E and U are basically on the same level
Original post by taxonomy.
a D is pretty bad, C, D E and U are basically on the same level

Not really. Something like BCD will look much better than BCU.
You'd be better dropping it than not showing up. Any grades you get have to be declared to future employers and for uni applications etc. A poor grade is going to look bad, and a poor predicated grade won't help your uni applications. Someone at your college will notice you not showing up too, and they could give you some hassle or force you off it.
Reply 5
Original post by Kogomogo
You'd be better dropping it than not showing up. Any grades you get have to be declared to future employers and for uni applications etc. A poor grade is going to look bad, and a poor predicated grade won't help your uni applications. Someone at your college will notice you not showing up too, and they could give you some hassle or force you off it.

Yeah, this was just a little quick mental breakdown I had. Gonna try again hopefully improve this year:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx

Not anymore, just a little moment of irrational thinking 😅
Original post by bdhdurjdj
Not anymore, just a little moment of irrational thinking 😅

Best of luck. You could restart Year 12 with a different third subject, but deliberately bombing Economics is definitely inadvisable.
Original post by _gcx
Not really. Something like BCD will look much better than BCU.

ofc any increase is good, but BCD wont get u into a good uni
Reply 9
comin back here to say I got an A in august

Quick Reply

Latest