The Student Room Group

transferring to a different course and dealing with accomodation?

Hi, can anyone share any info as to what would happen if i decided to transfer to a different course in a different uni and wanted to leave accommodation to book elsewhere?

so, what would happen to my deposit? and in the case i dont find anyone to take my place and fill out the 51 weeks of tenancy at the student accomodation site, would i be fined or something?

i have a little bit of anxiety over the financing of all this....

please advise. thanks
Original post by barzyali
Hi, can anyone share any info as to what would happen if i decided to transfer to a different course in a different uni and wanted to leave accommodation to book elsewhere?

so, what would happen to my deposit? and in the case i dont find anyone to take my place and fill out the 51 weeks of tenancy at the student accomodation site, would i be fined or something?

please advise. thanks

You'd lose your deposit - that's how a deposit works.

Read the contract you are given before you sign it, but likely you'd be liable to pay rent if you couldn't find a replacement tenant.

If you've got decent accommodation and you do the transfer before term starts, then you might get a replacement, but it's much less likely once term has started as everyone will have signed contracts by then.
Original post by barzyali

please advise. thanks

What did you end up doing regarding accom and did u loose deposit ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending