The Student Room Group

HSBC telephone security number

Im setting up a student account with hsbc, had 3 letters arrive in the post today. account number, sort code, pin, but when i go into the app to set the card up it asks for a telephone security number. i dont have one. i go online and it says to call them uip. i call them up - and it asks for the number i dont have! What should I do? do i wait? all these 3 letters came at once
Reply 1
Original post by Ferrograd
Im setting up a student account with hsbc, had 3 letters arrive in the post today. account number, sort code, pin, but when i go into the app to set the card up it asks for a telephone security number. i dont have one. i go online and it says to call them uip. i call them up - and it asks for the number i dont have! What should I do? do i wait? all these 3 letters came at once

At https://www.hsbc.co.uk/register/ it says (regarding the Telephone Banking Security Number):

"If you’ve recently opened a current account online with us, you should receive it in the post in a few days."

... so, while you've had three letters today, maybe there's another one that is yet to arrive.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ferrograd

Hey what did you end up doing?? Did u receive it by post?
hiii, please tell me what happened, i am in the same position?
Original post by human_..._
hiii, please tell me what happened, i am in the same position?

Hi

I think the best thing to do would be to visit your Local HSBC branch with a form of ID and then the should be able to set that number up for you and then help you with set up of things like online banking as well if needed.

if you don't live near a HSBC then it may be easier to ring through to 03457 404 404 and talk to one of our telephone colleagues.
i have exactly the same problem i can't get telephone security number :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending