The Student Room Group

Getting references

I've had an issue for getting job references. I am being asked for 2 employer refs, but currently only 1 academic ref feels realistic. They don't accept academic references (confirming this) which would be much easier as i have been in education more recently. These are my options:

-Last job: Ended 6 months ago, part-time, online/remote, employer had such poor online communication, did not reply for 2 weeks sometimes, we barely spoke so i handed in notice. Don't know how i can ask for a reference from them or if they would ever provide a (good) one due to how it ended.

-Job before that: Almost 2 years ago now, temp job of 3 months, had no contact with them since, it was a stressful job and i tried my best but don't feel they were so happy with my performance. Felt they did not like me either. We never spoke since. Again not sure if it's too random to ask them now, we never spoke of references before either.

-Proper reference: A placement year 3 years ago. They kindly provided me with a reference for a previous job/uni applications before in the first 1.5 year. Then ignored my second request after 2 years. I think they're sick of me asking and don't want to provide anymore.

What do you advise?
Reply 1
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending