The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did it go? I found them all to be pretty easy [especially 3b - thought that would be hard!]
C1 was okay, nothing impossible.
Reply 3
C2 is ok, not C3b. I did not so well on C3
Reply 4
what did you get for the theorestical yiels question...7.398 or something? then a 80% conversion?? for the first question on 3b, what was c supposed to be??? thought papers were ok in general
does anybody rememeber wat they got for the calculation in c1, it was the last paGE. i cant remember but i got a big number
Asian cutie
does anybody rememeber wat they got for the calculation in c1, it was the last paGE. i cant remember but i got a big number

no sorry cant remember. How did you find the paper, generally?
Reply 7
can any1 put up some answers for C1?

What did u draw 4 sigma and pi bonds and that hydrogen question?
i did two s shells for the sigma n two 2p subshell fro the pi bond. wat hydrogen bit? i thought the paper was okay, but comparing to the other past papers i did think it was slightly harder.
Asian cutie
i did two s shells for the sigma n two 2p subshell fro the pi bond. wat hydrogen bit? i thought the paper was okay, but comparing to the other past papers i did think it was slightly harder.

well i'll give you a little bit of info.

for june 2003 it was 37/60 for an A. I did that paper and I thought that this paper was slightly harder.
i no, so how low do u think it will be for an a? im hoping for 35.... is that unrealistic? did u do unit 2 or 3b?
Reply 11
one on oxygen and hydrogen and u needed 2 show a hydrogen bond and explain it?
yeah i joint the hydrogen with the oxygen on the other molecule. did u get the question on the silicon dioxide being a soild n co2 bein a gas? i could fine enought to write abt it for 4 marks.
Reply 13
ShOrTcAkE
what did you get for the theorestical yiels question...7.398 or something? then a 80% conversion?? for the first question on 3b, what was c supposed to be??? thought papers were ok in general

Think I got something like 85% yield, cant remember. I remember though that i got the percentage error as 2%.

On Unit 2, I got stuck on the very first one. What are the electroltyes used in the electrolysis of Al and Cl.

What the hell is an electrolyte? I put Cryolite for the Aluminuim and then Steel and Titanium for the chlorine. 3 marks for it. Just took a guess lol
Reply 14
what did everyone put for the C02 shape...linear or v-shaped?

Not that it matters anyway :smile:
Reply 15
Linear. Reason - 2 bond pairs 0 lone pairs, and the 2 bond pairs repel each other evenly. (i forgot to put down the latter)
Reply 16
erm, i put bauxite dissolved in cryolite and sodium chloride....i think that electrolyte is what you put in...the titanium and steel? are the anodes/cathodes....any one have any idea?
Reply 17
damn i hate knowing that i got something wrong - i put just cryolite - should have been aluminium oxide dissolved in molten cryolite or sumthing like that. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there goes my 100% fantasy out of the window.
Reply 18
Asian cutie

i) 2.7 moles
ii) 1.8 moles
iii) 117g
Reply 19
Asian cutie
i no, so how low do u think it will be for an a? im hoping for 35.... is that unrealistic? did u do unit 2 or 3b?

35 is unlrealistic. It will be at least 37 I reckon.

Latest

Trending

Trending