The Student Room Group

Barclays Explorer Graduate Programme 2022

Hi,

I've applied for the HR Analyst role in London and completed the online assessments a couple of days ago. However, I still haven't heard back. Is anyone else in the same position? Or has anyone made it to the VI stage yet?

My friend also completed the test but received a rejection email immediately afterwards.

Scroll to see replies

Same for me! Did it i think quite a few days ago, havent heard anything from them yet.
Reply 2
Thanks guys, I’ll let you know if I hear anything. Best of luck to you both!
Reply 3
I’ve applied for the Technology Analyst role and i’m about to do the tests. I’ve been told different things of what they entail. There is 3 to do, a Cognitive test of 36 mins, a personality test and Barclays mindset test. Are any of these video interview based? Or is that the next stage?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JoeFurn
I’ve applied for the Technology Analyst role and i’m about to do the tests. I’ve been told different things of what they entail. There is 3 to do, a Cognitive test of 36 mins, a personality test and Barclays mindset test. Are any of these video interview based? Or is that the next stage?

There are no video interview questions. The video interview will be the next stage.
Reply 5
Original post by raiikou
There are no video interview questions. The video interview will be the next stage.

Does Barclays definitely use video interviews then? Is it assessed by AI or an actual human?
Original post by kkk223
Hi,

I've applied for the HR Analyst role in London and completed the online assessments a couple of days ago. However, I still haven't heard back. Is anyone else in the same position? Or has anyone made it to the VI stage yet?

My friend also completed the test but received a rejection email immediately afterwards.

Hello, please what was the assessment like?
Reply 7
Original post by kkk223
Does Barclays definitely use video interviews then? Is it assessed by AI or an actual human?

Yeah after you pass the 1st stage online tests, the 2nd stage will be a video interview (which will be through Hirevue I think. The AI mark's your overall video interview and if you do well, someone from Barclays will watch and assess it.) If you pass the video interview, the next and final stage is the Assessment Center.
Reply 8
if you’re waiting to hear back after doing the online test, does that essentially mean you’ve passed it? Or have people received rejections a few days later etc
Reply 9
Original post by raiikou

Hi raiikou, I have received your message but since my account is new I am still unable to pm you. Do you want to PM me something that I can contact you with?
Reply 10
Hi everyone! I’m a first year grad with Barclays and was in all of your positions last year - if anyone needs any help feel free to message!
Original post by ls_98
Hi everyone! I’m a first year grad with Barclays and was in all of your positions last year - if anyone needs any help feel free to message!

Hello! Thanks for offering to help:smile: Can I ask what are you currently working as, and how did you prep for Barclays?
Reply 12
Original post by kokoroko
Hi raiikou, I have received your message but since my account is new I am still unable to pm you. Do you want to PM me something that I can contact you with?

Hi Kokoroko, sorry just saw your message! Thanks for reaching out but I managed to find the solution.
Reply 13
Original post by fluffcloud
Hello! Thanks for offering to help:smile: Can I ask what are you currently working as, and how did you prep for Barclays?

No worries :smile: I work as an graduate operations analyst and started in august this year. Prep wise, I researched about Barclays and why I specifically wanted to work there. For the interviews, they wanted to know a lot about specific times in my life I demonstrated the Barclays values.
what tests were the online assessments
Original post by SomMC1
Hi, I've done the online tests for the banking grad programme last week, haven't heard back from them yet.

From what I've seen on TSR, people either got immediately rejected OR heard nothing.

So, hearing nothing is a good sign so far!

let me know how you progress

What were the tests included in the online assessment?
Reply 16
Original post by ls_98

Hi congrats on your role. I have a few questions. I have my virtual assessment center on Wednesday but I do not know what to prepare or what activities will be there could you please tell me what you had to do in your assessment center and how did you prepare for it
Reply 17
Original post by AR_777
Hi congrats on your role. I have a few questions. I have my virtual assessment center on Wednesday but I do not know what to prepare or what activities will be there could you please tell me what you had to do in your assessment center and how did you prepare for it

They might change it for this year, but for me my virtual assessment centre was split into two parts.
1) a general interview - similar to online interview questions but went into a bit more detail, asking why Barclays again and for specific times I acted in line with Barclays principles. Then asked more about my personal outlook of how businesses should operate e.g what ethical issues (if any) do you think a business should consider - thought this was quite interesting as I hadn’t been asked this before
Main advice here is to be friendly - my feedback was that I had strong people and communication skills here and had a bit of a chat with the interviewer beforehand and it wasn’t awkward
2) was a business case study that I couldn’t really prepare for except work on presentation skills. I was tasked with reading quite a large deck and presenting the info back to the interviewer within 10 minutes. I was then asked quite a lot of reflective questions afters. I think my main advice here is to talk about what your strengths were in your presentation but also where you know you could improve in the future.
Reply 18
Original post by ls_98
They might change it for this year, but for me my virtual assessment centre was split into two parts.
1) a general interview - similar to online interview questions but went into a bit more detail, asking why Barclays again and for specific times I acted in line with Barclays principles. Then asked more about my personal outlook of how businesses should operate e.g what ethical issues (if any) do you think a business should consider - thought this was quite interesting as I hadn’t been asked this before
Main advice here is to be friendly - my feedback was that I had strong people and communication skills here and had a bit of a chat with the interviewer beforehand and it wasn’t awkward
2) was a business case study that I couldn’t really prepare for except work on presentation skills. I was tasked with reading quite a large deck and presenting the info back to the interviewer within 10 minutes. I was then asked quite a lot of reflective questions afters. I think my main advice here is to talk about what your strengths were in your presentation but also where you know you could improve in the future.

Thank you so much
Reply 19
Original post by AR_777

Congrats on the AC! Which scheme is this for and did you do a video interview? I still haven’t heard anything following the tests

Quick Reply

Latest