The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Right I get my blood tested today for hep b and was speaking to the nurse and she was saying how it's most likely it will turn -ve and then she adds in 'oh, the injections will cost you around £35 - WHAT?! £35 - you oughta be joking! I have to pay 35 squid when some people get it free?!!! :mad: fookin hell, £10 is bad enough but £35 is just taking the piss. :mad: :mad:

me = not happy

Anyone know what I could do?
Reply 41
Bilal786
Right I get my blood tested today for hep b and was speaking to the nurse and she was saying how it's most likely it will turn -ve and then she adds in 'oh, the injections will cost you around £35 - WHAT?! £35 - you oughta be joking! I have to pay 35 squid when some people get it free?!!! :mad: fookin hell, £10 is bad enough but £35 is just taking the piss. :mad: :mad:

me = not happy

why is it likely to be -ve??
Reply 42
Bilal786

me = not happy

Register with another GP as suggested earlier.
Reply 43
Tazzie
why is it likely to be -ve??

Dunno, that's just what she said. :confused:
Reply 44
Fluffy
Register with another GP as suggested earlier.

But that'll take ages won't it and then I dunno how to go about it coz where I live the system is pretty complicated.
Reply 45
Bilal786
Dunno, that's just what she said. :confused:

they just want the money!!! :rolleyes:

na seriously dus anyone know why?
Reply 46
Bilal786
But that'll take ages won't it and then I dunno how to go about it coz where I live the system is pretty complicated.

It's very quick and easy to register elsewhere. The only time I would suggest not doing it though is it you have any chronic illnesses, then either have a whinge or cough up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/talking/gp/choosing_gp.shtml
Reply 47
Fluffy
It's very quick and easy to register elsewhere. The only time I would suggest not doing it though is it you have any chronic illnesses, then either have a whinge or cough up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/talking/gp/choosing_gp.shtml

Does this apply to Scotland aswell? Coz a few months ago our original GP decided to dump us ( :frown: ) and we got allocated to the one we have now. And the one that dumped us ( :frown: ) was the one that was 2nd closest to us.
Reply 48
right. quick check-what happens if you are positive for Hep B, can't u practise medicine at all?
Reply 49
i'm not sure... bcos i heard that they are reviewing the hep b thing so if u hav it u can do it... not sure tho.
Any one have any idea about what i would need
i had a crash course in the injection last summer for an exped where the nurse decided at the last min that since she was giving me an in jection in one arm i might as well hav heb B in the other and i had all three within about 6 weeks ish - sore arm or what. but do i need a boseter or just the check
I hate needles. Just lie down when they give it you, don't look at the needle and get on with it. It needs to be done. Don't consider giving what you can't take!

TS
i had my first one today, and while i was there the nurse said seeing as i hadnt had the mumps part of mmr she wud give me that too! so i ended up having mmr and hep b both in the same arm one after another :frown: im not bothered by needles but my arms sore now!!

im conserned? i ddint think they cud give u 2 injections at the same time? isnt there health risks with that?
Reply 53
hotboi01
right. quick check-what happens if you are positive for Hep B, can't u practise medicine at all?

You can't do certain things, i.e EPPs (Exposure Prone Procedures), the down side of this is that you might not be able to qualify... EPPs are not required for a medical student to graduate, but you will need to get the med school Deanery on side to ensure that you get the right rotations etc that allow you to avoid EPPs.

Your titre level matters to - you can be Hep B +ve, but if your levels are low (below 103 Genome Equivalents, I think - but am getting this figure from my head so check!), then you're deemed non-infective and can do EPPs.

Latest

Trending

Trending