The Student Room Group

Driving test in 5 days!

Hi, I have my driving test in 5 days and my nerves and anxiety are so bad thinking about it. Has anyone got any tips on good chance of passing?
breathe
Reply 2
Breathe. pray. sleep
Reply 3
I plan on breathing thank you 😂 but ye breathing exercises are good for anxiety
Reply 4
lmaoo, i failed 3 times before passing the fourth (All of which I failed with one major fault and zero minors). It's okay to be nervous, but remember that the driving instructor is on your side as well. Try and make some friendly conversation with them on the walk up to the car and you'll feel much more at ease. Relax and trust yourself and all the hard work you've put in during your driving lessons. Also, remember that you're allowed to make 15 minor errors before it counts as a major problem, so that allows you some space to breathe. Failing isn't the end of world, it may cost a bit more money but at the end of the day it'll be worth it ! <3 Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by jh1670
lmaoo, i failed 3 times before passing the fourth (All of which I failed with one major fault and zero minors). It's okay to be nervous, but remember that the driving instructor is on your side as well. Try and make some friendly conversation with them on the walk up to the car and you'll feel much more at ease. Relax and trust yourself and all the hard work you've put in during your driving lessons. Also, remember that you're allowed to make 15 minor errors before it counts as a major problem, so that allows you some space to breathe. Failing isn't the end of world, it may cost a bit more money but at the end of the day it'll be worth it ! <3 Good luck!

Thank you 😊 I'm just absolutely dreading it. I drive fine but as soon as I'm on a lesson I make silly mistakes and lose confidence. It's just a pain now that the waiting times are sooo long.
Reply 6
Original post by Sash1993
Thank you 😊 I'm just absolutely dreading it. I drive fine but as soon as I'm on a lesson I make silly mistakes and lose confidence. It's just a pain now that the waiting times are sooo long.

that's basically what i did as well! I made stupid mistakes that I would normally never do bc of the pressure. On my first driving test, I remember the sat nav telling me to turn right, so I put on my indicator to turn but I missed the turning :colonhash: that was an automatic fail, and I cried on the way back home :nn: but it all makes you a better driver! Also, there are apps that you can download for free that tell you when new spaces for driving tests open up, so you don't have to wait long. I remember I took my first 3 driving tests in the span of 2 months.
Seriously DO NOT PANIC! And DRIVE LIKE YOU GOT YOUR KIDS IN THE BACK!

You have one job, drive safely and within the law.
You can do it! I am assuming it's your first test? I have my first test this December :biggrin: I know we both can pass it!
Just focus on where your weak points with your instructor and just practice as much as possible
Good luck
Original post by jh1670
On my first driving test, I remember the sat nav telling me to turn right, so I put on my indicator to turn but I missed the turning :colonhash: that was an automatic fail, and I cried on the way back home :nn: but it all makes you a better driver!

If you safely amend your error, I think you only get a minor is what I heard from driving instructors, maybe you had a bad examiner? Or maybe I'm wrong.
Reply 12
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
You can do it! I am assuming it's your first test? I have my first test this December :biggrin: I know we both can pass it!

Ye my first test 😊 so nervous. Just hoping the nerves dont get the better of me. Aww good luck to you too. Do you feel confident driving? I do until i make silly mistakes then it knocks my confidence 😒
Reply 13
Original post by HadiY
If you safely amend your error, I think you only get a minor is what I heard from driving instructors, maybe you had a bad examiner? Or maybe I'm wrong.

nah, it's okay to miss a turning if you don't indicate, but if you indicate and you miss the turning, then that's a major fault. They said it was bc it confuses the drivers behind you, even if you cancel the signal :sad: it was so dumb !!!
Reply 14
Well I FAILED 😭 2 minors and 1 serious. Wouldn't be so bad if waiting times weren't so long 🙄
Well I FAILED 😭 2 minors and 1 serious. Wouldn't be so bad if waiting times weren't so long 🙄

Don’t worry 2nd time is the charm dont give up
Reply 16

awh, it's okay dw! You can download apps that help you look for open test spaces so you can book one earlier! That's what I did and my second attempt at a driving test was only 2 weeks after my first.

If it makes you feel better, I failed last week with 3 serious and 12 minors :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending