The Student Room Group

Wellington College 16+ exams

Hey I'm an international student applying for Wellington and I'm gonna finish the exams tomorrow, I'm pretty curious on if anybody has finished it? What's the styles of the questions lol
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to apply to wellington next year so I would love to hear your response on how the exams were and what type of questions there were.
Reply 2
Original post by Uzi3736
I'm going to apply to wellington next year so I would love to hear your response on how the exams were and what type of questions there were.

hey! I’m doing the exams this year, how was it?? I’ll be writing Further Maths, English Literature and Geography
Reply 3
Original post by vicswum
hey! I’m doing the exams this year, how was it?? I’ll be writing Further Maths, English Literature and Geography

Hey I am also passing it this year! I have a question, I am pretty good at maths but never did additional maths so I am not sure if I should pass the normal maths test or Further Maths.
Reply 4
Original post by lb26j
Hey I am also passing it this year! I have a question, I am pretty good at maths but never did additional maths so I am not sure if I should pass the normal maths test or Further Maths.

Well I'm actually an international student, so I don't even have an Additional Maths option so idk how to help u there. But I'm definitely not a genius in Maths and I think I still did ok (I wrote the paper today btw). The time is crazy though. There were 15 questions overall and so it was a lot of pressure. Do you have insta? If you want to, we can discuss it somewhere else cause these forums are a bit annoying lol
Reply 5
Original post by vicswum
Well I'm actually an international student, so I don't even have an Additional Maths option so idk how to help u there. But I'm definitely not a genius in Maths and I think I still did ok (I wrote the paper today btw). The time is crazy though. There were 15 questions overall and so it was a lot of pressure. Do you have insta? If you want to, we can discuss it somewhere else cause these forums are a bit annoying lol

Hi:smile: I’m also an international student. I’ll be taking my exams tomorrow, but I can take the Further Maths exam. Do you have Snapchat?
Reply 6
Original post by vicswum

Also what other subjects did you take?
Reply 7
Original post by vicswum

For geography be prepared to answer a broad essay type question it was 25 marks if i remember correctly and on something like how geography affects culture , so be prepared to have a wide breadth of knowledge i didnt do eng lit but id assume the same for that subject too.Maths wasnt too bad but they had really niche questions which i later found in the cgp maths revision guide buried away , like there was a wierd interval table question.The test itself wasnt too bad just nerves tbh.I flopped physics so dont even ask me about that.I ended up not getting in unfortunately it is what it is , i ended up getting all 9s at gcse , so their loss lol.
Reply 8
Original post by vicswum

yes I would love to, my insta is lina.benjilani. It's weird though I'm also an international student but I am still passing those exams.
Reply 9
Original post by lb26j
yes I would love to, my insta is lina.benjilani. It's weird though I'm also an international student but I am still passing those exams.

I'm passing them too though. I just said I don't have Additional Maths in my school. I sent a request to follow! my insta is stenina_victoria
Reply 10
Original post by Lntop
Hi:smile: I’m also an international student. I’ll be taking my exams tomorrow, but I can take the Further Maths exam. Do you have Snapchat?

Heyy, I actually don't, sorry( I have insta though, it's stenina_victoria . You can text me there
Reply 11
Original post by Uzi3736
For geography be prepared to answer a broad essay type question it was 25 marks if i remember correctly and on something like how geography affects culture , so be prepared to have a wide breadth of knowledge i didnt do eng lit but id assume the same for that subject too.Maths wasnt too bad but they had really niche questions which i later found in the cgp maths revision guide buried away , like there was a wierd interval table question.The test itself wasnt too bad just nerves tbh.I flopped physics so dont even ask me about that.I ended up not getting in unfortunately it is what it is , i ended up getting all 9s at gcse , so their loss lol.

omg thank you so much!! And it's such a shame you didn't get in ughhh. Do you remember if there was an option to choose the essay question or was it one question and that's it?
Reply 12
Original post by Uzi3736

Hey I am also applying there, could you tell me what you mean by niche questions for maths? Also did you apply to other schools?
Heey did any of you also receive the invite to interviews? I'm quite nervous about the assessment day...
Original post by Stephhhhhhhh
Heey did any of you also receive the invite to interviews? I'm quite nervous about the assessment day...

I did. Idk what the assessment interview will be about. Do u know?

I did 🫣. I think it’s just a case of interviewing skills and just being outspoken throughout the day
Original post by Interestedstude
I did 🫣. I think it’s just a case of interviewing skills and just being outspoken throughout the day

We’ll definitely all do fine! I’m practicing to come up with solid arguments and speak confidently-it’s a bit of a challenge lol but I’m sure it’ll be fine
Original post by Macncheeseman
I did. Idk what the assessment interview will be about. Do u know?

According to posts I read elsewhere, I think there will be this little debating thing, where we get grouped to talk about a controversial issue? And we’ll be interviewed by a few teachers, but apparently it’ll be in a big room with other people in it to make it less stressful… we’ll hopefully all do fine :smile:
Reply 18

I did!! I'm so nervous about them
We’ll definitely all do fine! I’m practicing to come up with solid arguments and speak confidently-it’s a bit of a challenge lol but I’m sure it’ll be fine

What date is yours ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending