The Student Room Group

Benefit Posietint- any good?

Hello,
Just wondered what opinions are on Benefit's new Posietint lip and cheek stain? I love Benetint, but am pretty pale especially in winter and so the Posietint pink looks like a good colour as Benetint is darker. Have been agonising over whether to buy it for ages, as Benefit stuff is gorgeous but not very budget friendly!
I'm mostly wondering whether the pink is a very fake, Barbie-pink on cheeks compared to Benetint which is better for a natural look- it looks VERY pink in the bottle. I'm all for pink, but don't want to look like some kind of strange doll!
I have their cream blusher instead, £15 for a little tube but it lasts for ages. I'm rather pale and find it works a lot better than the liquid tint
there is a (much) cheaper alternative
by me me me at superdrug... cheek and lip tint... i have it, lasts ages and is perfect as u can determine how intense the colour is

as for the posietint looking really pink in the bottle, it's the same with the superdrug one... it looks almost deep maroon... but that's not how it shows up... i think most tints are like that... they look really dark in the bottles and come out quite light/natural
Reply 3
I have Posietint and I like the colour very much, it's much more of a softer pink if you get me, than it looks in the bottle. It goes on quite light even on my very fair skin, and it's easy to build the colour up to how you like it. I only wear it on my cheeks and not on my lips. I think it's likely that if you like Benetint you will like it, though Posietint is a little thicker in consistency.
i tried it on in the shop, it's really good although i wouldn't pay that kind of money for it (if i was richer i would) since i already have benetint and my skin is a bit darker so that colour won't really suit me as much. it will be perfect for paler skin and it works really well as a lip tint too, looks more like a gloss than a stain.
Reply 5
Posietint did look a bit pink in the shop.. benetint, which I use looks v. natural. Is your skin very white-pale? I was worried posietint would have a bit of a shiny glow.. can't really remember it that well now. Does it?

Oh, and with benetint.. when you rub it on with your finger.. does your finger turn red?! Lol I go around for half the day (until I wash my hands enough times) with a red fourth finger... :biggrin:
if you put some vaseline on your finger then a little benetint over the top, it's quite easy to control the strength of colour. It seems a shame to spend the same amount of money on something that's slightly less strong
Reply 7
I really anticipated posietint, I got it and was sort of dissapointed as its pretty hard to apply evenly because it dries so quickly and it can be just barely there with one application but layer it and it looks like drag makeup. But for some reason it doesn't last very long like benetint. My posietint after about two months just dried up/evaporated.
I've been considering buying the normal Benetint for a while - atm I'm using my MAC Viva Glam I lipstick as blusher, which is a little messy, so was thinking about Benetint.

Is it any good?

Latest