The Student Room Group

Can I get into a top uni with bad gcse grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Holamisamigos213
its rare. like really rare but possible.

That has made me a little more confident now haha thank you, I guess I just need to make my personal statement absolutely amazing and hopefully my teachers references will be good too haha :smile:
Original post by Layla1712
I sound so conceited but I was wondering just because all my mates at my new school got all 8s and 9s and want to apply for the same unis as me and so as someone who didn’t get any A*s, I was and still am really unsure as to where to apply.

Also I sound like I’m living under a rock but I didn’t know that was humanly possible getting into Oxford with those kinds of GCSEs???

You might find the following thread of interest:

"Are these GCSEs good enough for ..."
Reply 22
Original post by Admit-One
You might find the following thread of interest:

"Are these GCSEs good enough for ..."

Thank you!!
Original post by Layla1712
Does that mean I should apply next year when I have already got my A-levels??

Most universities will look at your A-Levels first, GCSE should not make a difference. Top universities may look at them afterwards if everything is the same for all students.

When I mean mature, I mean way past the age of 25. That is a entirely different application process, whereby ones' GCSE history becomes irrelevant and what they have done since then takes precedence.
Reply 24
Original post by random_matt
Most universities will look at your A-Levels first, GCSE should not make a difference. Top universities may look at them afterwards if everything is the same for all students.

When I mean mature, I mean way past the age of 25. That is a entirely different application process, whereby ones' GCSE history becomes irrelevant and what they have done since then takes precedence.

Oh thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending