The Student Room Group

Passed 1st attempt

Really happy to have passed
Here are my lessons/tips

1. Dont worry about how difficult a particular centre is statistically and/or anecdotally

2. Find a good instructor -invest in that. The instructor needs to be experienced and knowledgeable but also your chemistry should match.

3. Having found a good instructor, trust them and follow their advise fully.

4. Watch good youtube videos - there are some really excellent videos - before your lessons to prepare for the topic to be taught and after as part of revision.

5. For me it helped to complete theory test before even starting driving lessons. It made driving lessons much easier since I knew the theory of the rules of the road very well.

6. Practice in your mind - a lot of the driving is in your mind. Play the difficult manoeuvres in your mind until its perfect in your mind. Then it gets easier to put that into practice.

7. Understand the purpose behind observations, signals etc. Observations just because the instructor has asked you is not very helpful. If you understand why you are observing / signalling etc and know what you are looking for and why, then it becomes second nature.

8. Before the test day - sleep early and sleep fully (at least 10 hours). It is important be fully alert during the test.

9. During the test, don't worry about faults and what the examiner is noting down etc. That is the examiner's job. If you start to worry about that then it may impact your driving and affect the outcome.

10 Doing a lesson just before the test was useful to warm up and calm the nerves. Nerves are good to focus but too much of nerves can affect the outcome adversely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending