The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Official University of East Anglia (UEA) 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi Everyone :smile:

I sent off my application 3 weeks ago to UEA for Adult Nursing. I've had acknowledgement of my application but haven't heard back regarding interview or anything yet and I'm starting to panic. UEA is my top choice and I really love Norwich! I'm a mature student who has been studying an access course via distance learning, so have pretty much got all of my grades already, and they're above requirement for UEA.

Am I at a disadvantage because I applied only a week before the deadline?
(edited 2 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by CaterCat
Hi Everyone :smile:

I sent off my application 3 weeks ago to UEA for Adult Nursing. I've had acknowledgement of my application but haven't heard back regarding interview or anything yet and I'm starting to panic. UEA is my top choice and I really love Norwich! I'm a mature student who has been studying an access course via distance learning, so have pretty much got all of my grades already, and they're above requirement for UEA.

Am I at a disadvantage because I applied only a week before the deadline?

Hi, I don’t believe so. I applied late after the deadline and just got my offer today. I’m not too sure, however, how competitive Adult Nursing is compared to Economics. I think if you’ve applied before the deadline, you should get equal consideration. Perhaps, the only disadvantage you’ll be at is if the number of spaces available have already been taken, but personally don’t see that as very likely. Good luck 🤞.
Original post by KTyagi
Hi, I don’t believe so. I applied late after the deadline and just got my offer today. I’m not too sure, however, how competitive Adult Nursing is compared to Economics. I think if you’ve applied before the deadline, you should get equal consideration. Perhaps, the only disadvantage you’ll be at is if the number of spaces available have already been taken, but personally don’t see that as very likely. Good luck 🤞.

Thanks for getting back to me, and congrats on the Economics offer!
I've heard from UEA admissions today regarding an interview, so I'm feeling much more positive about everything!
All good news :smile:
Thanks for getting back to me, and congrats on the Economics offer!
I've heard from UEA admissions today regarding an interview, so I'm feeling much more positive about everything!
All good news :smile:

Hi :smile:

So glad to hear that admissions were able to help you, and a huge congratulations on your interview! Good luck!

Danielle
Film and Television Studies
Reply 24
Has anyone that interviewed for Physiotherapy at UEA heard back yet ?
I did all my interviews last year Nov/Dec time and got offers back within a week of interview from all 4 of my other choices, but I have not heard anything from UEA. I am starting to get a bit concerned in case i have slipped through the net.
Ideally I would like to get my firm and second choices put in the system, but don't want to do so until I have heard back from UEA.
Original post by Wattsie
Has anyone that interviewed for Physiotherapy at UEA heard back yet ?
I did all my interviews last year Nov/Dec time and got offers back within a week of interview from all 4 of my other choices, but I have not heard anything from UEA. I am starting to get a bit concerned in case i have slipped through the net.
Ideally I would like to get my firm and second choices put in the system, but don't want to do so until I have heard back from UEA.

Hey @Wattsie :smile:

Sorry to hear you've not heard anything from UEA yet! Is this still the case? If so, pop an email over to [email protected], where someone will be ready and happy to help you and look into this!

Danielle
I have officially received and accepted my offer for UEA - Adult Nursing!
See you all in September! So buzzed!!!

Anyone else on the Nursing course?
Reply 27
Congrats Cat - Wish i could say the same. I'm still waiting for a response beyond, I am in a group that was successful at interview last year but due to the number of applicants for Physiotherapy I will have to wait till the end of May to find out if I have an offer. Getting to the stage were i just want to get preference and second choice down so I don't miss out on accommodation. Seriously thinking of just rejecting UEA from my UCAS so i can make my choice from the other 4 places I have offers from. Frustrating but on the upside it will free up a space for someone else.
I have officially received and accepted my offer for UEA - Adult Nursing!
See you all in September! So buzzed!!!

Anyone else on the Nursing course?

Hi @CaterCat :smile:

SO pleased for you and happy to hear you've accepted your offer to study Adult Nursing here at UEA - we really can't wait to welcome you in September! This welcome page for 2022 might be of interest to you, you can find some links to Facebook groups at the bottom of the page where you might be able to find others on the Nursing course if you haven't joined them already.

Have a wonderful summer!

Best wishes,
Danielle
Reply 29
Original post by P3rdy
Hi @jantant, Thank you! My questions are: What did you do as your major and minor, and did you feel like there was a community within everyone that took liberal arts, even though they are all studying different subjects?

Original post by marvelle2
Hey everyone! I've recieved an offer for Liberal Arts at UEA with an offer of ABB. Does anyone have any experience of the course and what is it like? Congrats to everyone with offers! 🎉

Hi @P3rdy and @marvelle2, congratulations on your offers. 🎉 I'm in my first year of Liberal Arts at UEA, and really enjoying it so far. UEA was one of my top choices, and I really wanted to do Liberal Arts because of greater flexibility that if offers in comparison with normal degrees. The course structure is great because of how it is organised around major and minor subjects. I'm doing Philosophy as major and Sociology as minor.

When comparing with other Unis, one thing I really liked at UEA was that there was only 1 core Liberal Arts module, so you have greater choice. Liberal Arts degrees in other Unis have lots of core compulsory modules, and that immediately limits your options. The range of options is also so varied at UEA, which was the other thing I really liked about it.

The lecturers are great, and you meet lots of different different people across the subjects and modules you are doing. The core module kind of bridges different fields and it is great to make sure that you always meet with your Liberal Arts colleagues/community, independently of the majors and minors you are all doing.

Hope this helps, but any other questions just shout. :smile:
Reply 30
Thank you for replying
I am definitely considering firming UEA , I went to the applicant day a month ago and it was amazing. The only thing I’m worried about is the diversity. While everyone was friendly , I wanted to ask more about the n.o of asians at UEA roughly.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jas2357
Thank you for replying
I am definitely considering firming UEA , I went to the applicant day a month ago and it was amazing. The only thing I’m worried about is the diversity. While everyone was friendly , I wanted to ask more about the n.o of asians at UEA roughly.

Hi @Jas2357 :smile:

You're welcome - it's lovely to hear from you again! So pleased you managed to attend an applicant day here with us and you enjoyed it. Did you get to explore Norwich a little bit? I'd like to reassure you that we are an international and multicultural community that really value and encourage diversity, and we're very committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment to students of all racial groups! UEA has a student population of 16,000, with more than 4,000 of those being international and EU students from 120+ different countries, so I can confidently say we would absolutely love to welcome you into our community! :h:

In case it is of any interest to you, I'd also suggest taking a look at our list of societies! There are multiple groups on here (including International Students, South Asian Fine Arts and South East Asian) that demonstrate the diverse community we have. Maybe you could sign up to a couple if they catch your eye? It's a great way of meeting new people outside of your degree should you choose to come and study with us!

If you have any further worries or questions please don't hesitate to let me know, I'd love to help! Have a lovely rest of your week.

Best wishes,
Danielle
Original post by Wattsie
Congrats Cat - Wish i could say the same. I'm still waiting for a response beyond, I am in a group that was successful at interview last year but due to the number of applicants for Physiotherapy I will have to wait till the end of May to find out if I have an offer. Getting to the stage were i just want to get preference and second choice down so I don't miss out on accommodation. Seriously thinking of just rejecting UEA from my UCAS so i can make my choice from the other 4 places I have offers from. Frustrating but on the upside it will free up a space for someone else.

Hey! Did you ever get a response after you chased it up? Admittedly it took a while for me too...
Reply 33
Hey! Did you ever get a response after you chased it up? Admittedly it took a while for me too...

Unfortunately not, other than being informed at the end of last year that my interview was strong enough to move me into the final applicants pool and i should hear by the end of May. I don't rate my chances of getting accommodation by then so that pretty much rules it out. On the up side both Uni of Liverpool and Salford allow you to book accommodation prior to firming. So at least I don't have to worry about having somewhere with accommodation which is a big stress relief. In reality I have pretty much given up hope on UEA, but holding out on firming from Liverpool, Salford or Man Met just in case UEA come back with an unconditional offer in which case I would firm them providing I could still get accommodation in halls.
Reply 34
Hi guys,
I got an unconditional offer at UEA for MPharm with foundation year!
Original post by iararar
Hi guys,
I got an unconditional offer at UEA for MPharm with foundation year!

Hey @iararar! :h:

Congratulations on your unconditional offer to study with us - that's amazing, and you should be so proud of yourself! Although it's in an entirely different faculty, I did a foundation year myself and I have to say I found it such a great experience. Foundation years really help in setting you up for your degree programme and it means you gain a great familiarity and insight as to what the next years will entail for you. I found this really helped me hit the ground running when I went into my first year as I knew how everything worked! Do you have any questions about UEA or being a student in Norwich at all? If so, please do just let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Danielle :smile:
Reply 36
Hi everyone! I recently applied to MA Prose Fiction at UEA, and the reported 14 working days lapsed last week Tuesday. I was wondering if anyone has received a decision for Prose Fiction yet, and if so, how long it took.
Original post by TonySA
Hi everyone! I recently applied to MA Prose Fiction at UEA, and the reported 14 working days lapsed last week Tuesday. I was wondering if anyone has received a decision for Prose Fiction yet, and if so, how long it took.

Hi @TonySA! :h:

Sorry to hear the 14 working days recently lapsed and you've not heard anything. Is this still the case or have you received an update? I hope you hear very soon! Let us know - and if you have any other queries please feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

Original post by Wattsie
Unfortunately not, other than being informed at the end of last year that my interview was strong enough to move me into the final applicants pool and i should hear by the end of May. I don't rate my chances of getting accommodation by then so that pretty much rules it out. On the up side both Uni of Liverpool and Salford allow you to book accommodation prior to firming. So at least I don't have to worry about having somewhere with accommodation which is a big stress relief. In reality I have pretty much given up hope on UEA, but holding out on firming from Liverpool, Salford or Man Met just in case UEA come back with an unconditional offer in which case I would firm them providing I could still get accommodation in hall

Have you considered shared housing? That's what I'm doing - I've found a lovely house near both UEA and NNUH which is also very affordable; I've just checked and the wonderful couple who own the properties still have rooms available. Having spoken to them over videochat, I've found them very accommodating and helpful. I found them via Spareroom. This is example of one of their properties, but there are loads available all over Norwich on that website:
https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=16069801&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2Fmythreads_beta.pl%3Fthread_id%3D3596113_16069801%26listing_restrict%3D%26offset%3D0%26show_deleted_too%3D%26label_id%3D%26keywords%3D%26only_unreplied%3D%26folder%3Dinbox%26sort%3D
Reply 39
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle
Hi @TonySA! :h:

Sorry to hear the 14 working days recently lapsed and you've not heard anything. Is this still the case or have you received an update? I hope you hear very soon! Let us know - and if you have any other queries please feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

Hi @University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle :smile:

It so happens that I received an interview date a few hours after my post!

So, if you, or anyone else, have any tips for East Anglia interviews, that would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending