The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Official University of East Anglia (UEA) 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone :h:

I just want to echo what @Mythical Pingu has said - we're on hand to help with any questions or queries you may have during the clearing process or about UEA/Norwich in general.

Wishing you all the very best of luck for results day, I hope you're all super happy with your results and are having a wonderful summer! :h:

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hi :smile:

I've had my place confirmed in UCAS now, and I was just wondering what the next stages are? If I'll receive anything by post etc.
Also, it was stated my course begins on 19/09/2022 but I've noticed it says this for all courses. Is this date usually correct? Just thinking with regards to student finance payment; the SF letter says you have the register at the uni prior to receiving your payment. I don't really understand the process there, so if any light could be shed that would be great :smile:
Original post by CaterCat
Hi :smile:

I've had my place confirmed in UCAS now, and I was just wondering what the next stages are? If I'll receive anything by post etc.
Also, it was stated my course begins on 19/09/2022 but I've noticed it says this for all courses. Is this date usually correct? Just thinking with regards to student finance payment; the SF letter says you have the register at the uni prior to receiving your payment. I don't really understand the process there, so if any light could be shed that would be great :smile:

Hey @CaterCat :h:

If I remember correctly, you'll receive some confirmation in the post - if they've not changed how they do things! It states that courses begin on the 19th as that is the standard welcome week I believe, with lectures/seminars etc commencing the week of the 26th which will then vary from course to course and timetable to timetable.

The registration that will then enable your SF payment takes place online, on our evision system. If you've not received details for this yet I assume you will in due course.

If you have any concerns or queries about this though, do feel free to contact admissions at [email protected] and someone will be be happy to help you!

Don't worry - everything will be sorted and in place so you can focus on enjoying the start of your journey with us! Such an exciting time!

Hello, I've had my place confirmed in East Anglia and I'm excited to join :smile:

I'm currently at the Knowledge Check section of the Induction for the accommodation, does answering the questions wrong affect my accommodation choices? Sounds a bit paranoid but I wanna make sure I'm getting my facts right :P
Reply 64
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I've had my place confirmed in East Anglia and I'm excited to join :smile:

I'm currently at the Knowledge Check section of the Induction for the accommodation, does answering the questions wrong affect my accommodation choices? Sounds a bit paranoid but I wanna make sure I'm getting my facts right :P

I just completed it and it’s pretty simple and it will tell you if an answer is incorrect when you click next
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of East Anglia (UEA) for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Hello everybody!!!
I am an Economics student and I have just finished my second year!! :smile:
If you have any questions about uni life or Economics please feel free to ask :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Original post by UEA Rep Lucy
Hello everybody!!!
If you have any questions about uni life or Economics please feel free to ask :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy

I got an regular campus en-suite for accom offer but I changed my mind and would prefer an ensuite in village. Is it okay if I accept this offer first then ask for room change?
Do the regular campus ensuite rooms not have regular ovens? Do they only have microwave ovens?
Hello everybody!!!
UEA Rep Lucy
Hi! I’m coming to UEA as a fresher this year studying economics and finance, what reading should I be starting in readiness?
Hello everybody!!!
UEA Rep Lucy
Original post by TheRealJammi
Hi! I’m coming to UEA as a fresher this year studying economics and finance, what reading should I be starting in readiness?

Hi there,

As a general rule most UEA courses do not require any pre-reading or requisite reading in advance of starting your studies so, good news, you don't need to do anything!

Of course if you would like to then absolutely go for it! I am not an economics student myself but as a basis I would suggest finding books that are quite broad in nature and are maybe designed as an intro to the topic. As a Law student myself I found that a simple google search brought up some great recommendations of fab reads to read before starting official studies.

Leah :smile:
UEA Law
Do the regular campus ensuite rooms not have regular ovens? Do they only have microwave ovens?

Hello :smile:
Campus ensuite tends to have more microwave type ovens. This would be Nelson/Crome court.
Barton and Hickling however do have regular ovens.
Hope this helps :smile:
Lucy
Original post by TheRealJammi

Hello @TheRealJammi
For me when I joined Economics at UEA, there wasn`t any necessary pre-reading.
They will probably tell you about text books when you join the course in September but it is not necessary to read anything before you join.
There are lots of general economics books on Amazon to help get you excited, if you would like to read about it more in your own free time before you join.
I would actually recommend going over any maths skills, as there is a lot of maths content to begin with.
Hope that helps :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
I got an regular campus en-suite for accom offer but I changed my mind and would prefer an ensuite in village. Is it okay if I accept this offer first then ask for room change?

Hello :smile:
Yes perhaps accept the offer first if you are unsure on which you would prefer. If you get to campus and prefer en-suite village, then there may be space to move. I would recommend speaking to the accomodation services when you move in.
UEA Rep Lucy
Hi All :smile:

Has anyone received their email for online registration with UEA yet? I've had a couple emails saying this should be around 30 days before you start your course. 30 days has been and gone and I'm a bit concerned...
Reply 74

Has anyone received their email for online registration with UEA yet? I've had a couple emails saying this should be around 30 days before you start your course. 30 days has been and gone and I'm a bit concerned...

I just got my registration email today
Original post by Rherd
I just got my registration email today

I'll sit tight for a few more days then. Thanks!

Hi @CaterCat,
I remember when I joined uni it was around the end of August that I received my email for registering. Hopefully you will get it soon!
UEA Rep Lucy
Hi @CaterCat,
I remember when I joined uni it was around the end of August that I received my email for registering. Hopefully you will get it soon!
UEA Rep Lucy

Thanks Lucy; I suppose I'm a little overzealous!
Thanks Lucy; I suppose I'm a little overzealous!

I remember being excited for mine too so don't worry haha! Let us know when you get it - and remember to sign up for unidays/studentbeans when you receive it too for all of those student discounts! :h:

Hello everybody!!!
UEA Rep Lucy

Hi would it be possible to speak with you about economics, preferably by tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending