The Student Room Group

Land Economy Application Thread 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Pretty sure I'm going to miss my offer at this stage. Just bombed my Maths exam, like proper... Basically relying on the grade boundaries being really low and hopefully being able to scrape an A???? Could have smashed my other 2 subject papers, probably looking at a mid A in those. I'm hoping that my college accepts with 1 grade miss or something. I don't know. I'm so done.

Hi hope your feeling better about your grades. I also feel pretty gross i think like you ive done well enough on two of my subjects but messed up the applied further maths paper nor awfully but enough to make me question my existence. Its frustrating how i cant tell how many marks ive lost and it feels like im also going to have to pray for lower grade boundaries and pray my 1st paper was well enough. i genuinely don't know how im meant to distract myself for 2 months. Even more frustrating how it was my very last paper and i felt i was doing well enough before it. But yeah im in the same boat as you but hopefully will still see you come September. I got an email from my college about a near miss thing where if your a few marks they'll probably still let you in (was the kind of gist) but you have to send your actual UMS score but who knows and im sure each college is different. Good luck anyways
Hi hope your feeling better about your grades. I also feel pretty gross i think like you ive done well enough on two of my subjects but messed up the applied further maths paper nor awfully but enough to make me question my existence. Its frustrating how i cant tell how many marks ive lost and it feels like im also going to have to pray for lower grade boundaries and pray my 1st paper was well enough. i genuinely don't know how im meant to distract myself for 2 months. Even more frustrating how it was my very last paper and i felt i was doing well enough before it. But yeah im in the same boat as you but hopefully will still see you come September. I got an email from my college about a near miss thing where if your a few marks they'll probably still let you in (was the kind of gist) but you have to send your actual UMS score but who knows and im sure each college is different. Good luck anyways

Thanks a lot. I actually got really ill during my paper 3 and I genuinely think I got like 30% (special consideration will be like 1-5% extra marks so it really isn't material) so I'm genuinely questioning my existence right now. My college told me they'd keep it in mind and that I should send them my UMS if I miss my offer, but honestly, I've accepted defeat, my other option is Sheffield as my insurance. Just really depressing. I hope you get in, because realistically I'm not making it. Take care.
Pretty sure I'm going to miss my offer at this stage. Just bombed my Maths exam, like proper... Basically relying on the grade boundaries being really low and hopefully being able to scrape an A???? Could have smashed my other 2 subject papers, probably looking at a mid A in those. I'm hoping that my college accepts with 1 grade miss or something. I don't know. I'm so done.

Heya! From experience you might think that you did terrible during the exam but when you receive your results back you might have done much better than expected and (cross fingers) you got A*! :smile: Remember that there are other stages to Land Economy application, not only grades! Perhaps you might not have gotten the grade for your a-levels but you could have a really good personal statement, admissions test score and interview so the university will likely have no choice but to give you an offer! If you need any help with you application to land economy, I would recommend checking out Oxbridge Mind website!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind
Original post by OxbridgeMind
Heya! From experience you might think that you did terrible during the exam but when you receive your results back you might have done much better than expected and (cross fingers) you got A*! :smile: Remember that there are other stages to Land Economy application, not only grades! Perhaps you might not have gotten the grade for your a-levels but you could have a really good personal statement, admissions test score and interview so the university will likely have no choice but to give you an offer! If you need any help with you application to land economy, I would recommend checking out Oxbridge Mind website!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind

Hi, I'm probably not going to reapply. I got A*A*B (offer A*AA) and was 4 marks off an A in Maths despite having extenuating circumstances, been placed in the Summer Pool, if I get in then great, if not then I'll just take my insurance.
Hi, I'm probably not going to reapply. I got A*A*B (offer A*AA) and was 4 marks off an A in Maths despite having extenuating circumstances, been placed in the Summer Pool, if I get in then great, if not then I'll just take my insurance.

Heya!
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: You could potentially look into getting the maths paper remarked and hopefully get those extra few marks to get an A! Sometimes examiners can make mistakes when marking a-levels so a lot of people apply to get them remarked and get some marks up which can make a big difference. I had a friend who got a C in business a-levels, got it remarked and jumped from C to A. Have a talk with your teacher and see if you should go for it or not!

In case you don't want to get it remarked then fingers crossed you get through the Summer pool :smile: You still did amazing with A*s and should be proud so don't let it get you down!

Good luck!

Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind
Original post by OxbridgeMind
Heya!
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: You could potentially look into getting the maths paper remarked and hopefully get those extra few marks to get an A! Sometimes examiners can make mistakes when marking a-levels so a lot of people apply to get them remarked and get some marks up which can make a big difference. I had a friend who got a C in business a-levels, got it remarked and jumped from C to A. Have a talk with your teacher and see if you should go for it or not!

In case you don't want to get it remarked then fingers crossed you get through the Summer pool :smile: You still did amazing with A*s and should be proud so don't let it get you down!

Good luck!

Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind

Do remarks really make sense for an objective subject like Maths?
Hi everyone I am applying to Land Economy entry 2025 and study biology chemistry maths and economics a level I plan to drop biology and do an EPQ which will be politics related. are my subjects sufficient enough for this course?
Reply 247
Original post by Anonymous #11
Hi everyone I am applying to Land Economy entry 2025 and study biology chemistry maths and economics a level I plan to drop biology and do an EPQ which will be politics related. are my subjects sufficient enough for this course?

Your subjects seems fine, but if you are doing EPQ, why not pick a topic that is related to Land Economy to increase you chances, maybe something related to sustainability, environment, planning, housing, urban economics, law etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending