The Student Room Group

Land Economy Application Thread 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cappvile
Hi all - this is the official thread for those applying to Land Economy for 2022 entry.

Feel free to introduce yourselves: what A Levels / IB Subjects you take, predicted/achieved grades, which College, and why Land Economy perhaps.

Hi.

I am applying with A*A*A*A achieved and A*A* predicted. I applied open but have been put forward for Pembroke.

I did the TSA, I think I did fairly good. 35/40ish would be good I guess.
Just did the TSA boys, kinda tough :frown: But wasn't insanely difficult or anything.

How do you think you did. I think I got close to 100% for the CT, but PS I lost time so I had to guess some.
Reply 22
Hello,
I'm applying for Land Economy at Christ's as it is my dream course.
I'm doing A-Levels at a state school in Mathematics, Economics and Geography with A*A*A* predicted as well as an EPQ predicted A*.
I've also applied to LSE, Leeds (for 2 different courses) and Bath.
:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anesh.01
Yess homerton! I’ve applied with A*A*A achieved in maths, geo and econ. How about you? Also how did you find the TSA?

I've applied with Maths, Economics and Spanish A Levels. The TSA was decent, although I hate sitting in one spot for so long haha.
Reply 24
Hello guys, What’s the minimum tsa score needed to get an interview?
What percentage of applicant is interviewed?
Reply 25
Original post by zz817
Hello guys, What’s the minimum tsa score needed to get an interview?
What percentage of applicant is interviewed?

I heard 50% was the very lowest but that students should aim for at least 60% and a definite interview at 80%. :smile:
The problem solving parts were really hard 😭
Reply 27
Original post by Alison888
The problem solving parts were really hard 😭

For real, every answer I worked out wasn't an option in the math questions, I just picked the one closest. I don't think there's any way I'll get even half of them right. At least we're not doing E&M at Oxford where you need like 75!!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 28
Anyone know when we will hear if we getting an interview?
Original post by Anesh.01
Is it true that the TSA is not significant for Land Ec? From the 2019 data somebody who got 96 didn’t even get an offer whereas people who got 40s-50s did. I was just wondering if anybody knows anything?l about this?

I an unsure for certain, but from what I've heard, the TSA is only part of your application. It has equal importance to all the other aspects of you application. Meaning that, even if you perform brilliantly in the TSA, if you have a mediocre PS and interview then your chance of an offer may be less than someone who had a great PS and interview but slightly less good TSA. Hope this helps?
Hi,
Applied w 3A* predicted in FM maths econ and ive got an A in welshbacc no clue if Cambridge care about that one
think the problem solving was more difficult then previous years overall i couldn't have done better but no clue if its enough. Praying for 60%+
Anyone know when we get results?
Original post by yusuf.khalil031
Hi,
Applied w 3A* predicted in FM maths econ and ive got an A in welshbacc no clue if Cambridge care about that one
think the problem solving was more difficult then previous years overall i couldn't have done better but no clue if its enough. Praying for 60%+
Anyone know when we get results?

11th of January I believe
Original post by spicyenchilada
11th of January I believe

so i guess if we don't get an interview can assume you didnt do well?
Reply 33
Original post by yusuf.khalil031
so i guess if we don't get an interview can assume you didnt do well?

I suppose so. There's a Catz Webinar for Land Economy on YT where an admissions tutor alludes to this. But he also says that if you do very well in other aspects you can still get an interview. Makes sense to me. I don't think LandEc requires an insane amount of critical thinking, nor is it very very competitive (compared to PPE). I would be quite happy if they actually considered the personal statement seriously, rather than just give it a brief look. I put a lot of effort into mine and feel like I talk about my interest in the subject!
I suppose so. There's a Catz Webinar for Land Economy on YT where an admissions tutor alludes to this. But he also says that if you do very well in other aspects you can still get an interview. Makes sense to me. I don't think LandEc requires an insane amount of critical thinking, nor is it very very competitive (compared to PPE). I would be quite happy if they actually considered the personal statement seriously, rather than just give it a brief look. I put a lot of effort into mine and feel like I talk about my interest in the subject!

exactly the same here was really happy w my PS, just have to wait and see now
Reply 35
I'm thinking about the people who wrote the TSA. I wonder if they feel happy that students found their test incredibly difficult, or whether they feel bad about it. I feel like its the former lol
anyone heard back for an interview yet?!
Original post by shree_na
anyone heard back for an interview yet?!

na https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
(edited 2 years ago)

that link didnt work but just look at the main Cambridge thread to find the spreadsheet of interview offers
Does anyone know when colleges will receive our TSA results?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending