The Student Room Group

Land Economy Application Thread 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Christ's College has said they will send interview offers for all courses in the second half of November. I'm waiting eagerly!!!
Does anyone know for land economy whether most people get an interview?
Anyone got interview invites for land economy yet? Applying to Selwyn :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by workdoodle123
Anyone got interview invites for land economy yet? Applying to Selwyn :smile:

The college I applied to is sending out invites from tomorrow so haven't heard anything yet, fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by romaz
The college I applied to is sending out invites from tomorrow so haven't heaAh good rd anything yet, fingers crossed :smile:

Ah good to know! Just curious, which college?
Reply 45
Ah good to know! Just curious, which college?

Christ's :smile:
Anyone know how many (or what %) of Land Economy applicants get interviews?
also! are there any other selwyn applicants here? haven't seen many so far (there's no thread for it unfortunately) so just wondering!
also! are there any other selwyn applicants here? haven't seen many so far (there's no thread for it unfortunately) so just wondering!

most selwyn applicants have already been notified abt interview i believe
Original post by stuffpeople
most selwyn applicants have already been notified abt interview i believe

wait really???? on the interview spreadsheet, only one selwyn for architecture (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13uHtepElWPcS9-RyevUWEavWNs5LIEoPASmdqL-HKQc/edit#gid=583307108) has got an interview, and architecture doesn't have a pre-interview assessment
Original post by StressedOut13
Does anyone know when colleges will receive our TSA results?

On Friday, Peterhouse Admissions commented in the official Cambridge 2022 thread saying they haven't received pre-interview assessment results yet which they consider in deciding who to interview. So they either received it over the weekend (but i don't think they work over the weekend)? so sometime early this week perhaps?
Hello,
Anyone who gets a land economy interview please do make us aware too!
(Especially if someone who have applied to Trinity).
Reply 52
Original post by heythere#
Hello,
Anyone who gets a land economy interview please do make us aware too!
(Especially if someone who have applied to Trinity).

Screenshot_20211116-161537_Chrome.pngLooking at the spreadsheet from the main Cambridge applicants 2022 forum it doesn't look like anyone has received interviews yet for Land Economy and I think most of those with interviews or rejections already are courses without pre-interview assessments (and some also with no written work)
Original post by romaz
Screenshot_20211116-161537_Chrome.pngLooking at the spreadsheet from the main Cambridge applicants 2022 forum it doesn't look like anyone has received interviews yet for Land Economy and I think most of those with interviews or rejections already are courses without pre-interview assessments (and some also with no written work)

Yup, I saw this but actually, I'm skeptical regarding this like is it really official!
Coz if that was the case it might have been mentioned on the uni or college site to track interview offers and know who actually got it!
Yup, I saw this but actually, I'm skeptical regarding this like is it really official!
Coz if that was the case it might have been mentioned on the uni or college site to track interview offers and know who actually got it!

And also like TSA was a computer-based test they can even receive test score on the very same day after all if answers are marked evaluation becomes pretty simple so at least idk if the receiving of the test score can be a point!
Reply 55

It isn't Cambridge 'official' it is just what other applicants have received so far so it is trustworthy. There have been spreadsheets like this in previous years and from what I saw the earliest Land Econ invites from 2020 was 18/11 but they do end up being one of the last courses to give out interviews just due to the amount of extra info given to the colleges to sort through and make decisions
Reply 56
And also like TSA was a computer-based test they can even receive test score on the very same day after all if answers are marked evaluation becomes pretty simple so at least idk if the receiving of the test score can be a point!

They have to look through all personal statements, all SAQs, any other forms and written work which I don't think they will have started until they got the TSA results which from what I heard they only received them over the weekend just due to the structure of it making the process quite lengthy
Hi!
Applying for LandEc at Newnham. Worried my predicted grades aren't as high as you guys :frown: A*AA in Economics, History, Law. I think I could do better than this in the actual exams and due to Covid timetable changes, I lost ~3 hours of lesson time per week which sucks.
Has anyone gotten invites to interviews yet?
Original post by hollycarter
Hi!
Applying for LandEc at Newnham. Worried my predicted grades aren't as high as you guys :frown: A*AA in Economics, History, Law. I think I could do better than this in the actual exams and due to Covid timetable changes, I lost ~3 hours of lesson time per week which sucks.
Has anyone gotten invites to interviews yet?

i think the TSA your PS and SAQ and actual interview are more relevant in regards to an offer since you are already predicted the grade req.
If you get an interview, does the only thing matter from there is how you perform in the interview? Is everyone who gets an interview on an even playing field?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending