The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm currently in second year studying psychology at cardiff, if there is anything you want to know, just ask.

Offers this year are AAB for people with a science A level, and AAA for people without a science A level. Although when it comes to results day they sometimes take people who didn't achieve their offer (or atleast they did in my year of entry)
Reply 2
by the way did you have to go for an interview when applying to cardiff?
Nadia.R
by the way did you have to go for an interview when applying to cardiff?

Social Studies as a whole doesn't interview people, I don't think, and I don't think my friends from school who applied for Psychology there were interviewed.
Nadia.R
oh ok thats a relief! on ucas it said they required an interview though, i dont want 1 but it can be a good thing, hopefully my PS will get me through (and my grades ofcourse)

Ah, do they? I'm just going from memory, I might be wrong...

Edit - judging by this, they don't normally interview people, but:
Interviews are made only under circumstances where it is not possible to make an informed
decision on the basis of the information that is provided on the UCAS form, and where
the absence of information on the form is not due to the omission of relevant detail by the
applicant. In such circumstances, the School may offer an interview in order to ensure
that each individual is assessed equitably. The purpose of the interview is to assess
academic aptitude for the course.
Reply 5
oh ok thanx :biggrin:
Reply 6
They'd only really interview mature students i think.

your still doing the compulsory modules then ye?
whats it like? like the teaching and the work and assesments?

Yep, still doing the compulsory modules. That can be a little frustrating because it would be nice to have a choice about modules, but there's lots of choice next year. It's all good, the teaching is pretty good but you don't get many contact hours for what you are paying (10 hours a week, max). The work and assessments are all good (essays and practical reports). They spread coursework out over the year, with exams in May/June time.
Reply 7
Nadia.R
sounds all good :biggrin: i just hope i get in for it though!
so did you like move from home or are from cardiff anyway?
how was the first year? people always say the first year is easy you dont have to do alot of work but my sisters in cardiff uni doing pharmacy and she has ALOT of work!

Yeh, i moved out of my families home (although i hadn't always lived there) and into Cardiff uni halls. Do you live in Cardiff already? Are you planning on living in your family home while you are at uni?

The first year is relatively easy, I did quite a bit less work than I did at A level, and passed with pretty good grades. Exams were multipul choice, although I think they are planning on changing them to written exams. Second year seems a bit harder. And third year a lot harder, but more interesting. I should think in general there will be a lower work load than your sisters pharmacy course.

What A levels are you studying at the moment?
Reply 8
NSW
Yeh, i moved out of my families home (although i hadn't always lived there) and into Cardiff uni halls. Do you live in Cardiff already? Are you planning on living in your family home while you are at uni?

The first year is relatively easy, I did quite a bit less work than I did at A level, and passed with pretty good grades. Exams were multipul choice, although I think they are planning on changing them to written exams. Second year seems a bit harder. And third year a lot harder, but more interesting. I should think in general there will be a lower work load than your sisters pharmacy course.

What A levels are you studying at the moment?

yup ive lived in Cardiff all my life! thats why i wanted a bit of a change but i dont know atleast if i stay here i wont have to worry about anything. oh man they always change the stuff. Ive had too many written exams gosh im sick of them lol o well gota be done. oh thats good... yer third year would be harder though ofcourse but theres less modules ini so you'll be concentrated more on certain areas which should be ok if your interest is still there :smile:

im doing sociology, english and psychology. i done biology as an AS, didnt want to carry it on to A2 because i found it quite difficult and that was the one subject in which i had my one and only C grade for one of the modules!! but had a B overall so thats ok :smile:
Reply 9
NSW
I'm currently in second year studying psychology at cardiff, if there is anything you want to know, just ask.

Offers this year are AAB for people with a science A level, and AAA for people without a science A level. Although when it comes to results day they sometimes take people who didn't achieve their offer (or atleast they did in my year of entry)

hey!
im wanting to do psychology at cardiff!..whats it like?

are you on the course with the placement year?
whats the course like?

Latest