The Student Room Group

Modular Science Results

Does anybody else do modular science? I am in year 10 and do AQA modular, we got our results today from the November modules. Almost everybody did badly - many Ds, Es, Fs, and Gs - but I got an A in Mod 5 (Metals) and an A* in Mod 1 (Humans as Organisms -50 out of 50) so I'm really happy, especially as I've got a very bad teacher. It just goes to show how much revision pays off. Aargh - I've got two more in March! :frown:
So, has anybody else got their results?
Did AQA double award modular science also.

Well done on your results. :biggrin:

Don't worry about the modules too much, though, they do not count for very much overall. I mean, across the 6 modules I got 4As and 2Bs (I think... maybe slightly better... my memory is a little fuzzy now) and still ended up with A*A*.

The most important thing is to get close to full marks in the coursework to leave yourself some margin for error in the final exams.

In my opinion, with GCSEs the aim of the game is working out how to get top marks whilst doing the minimum work possible. :lazy:

A-Levels. Now they're another story. Most (normal) people actually have to do some work for these.
Reply 2
Thanks...and thanks for saying not to worry too much, the teachers try to make out that the modules are important but...
And I'm very relieved to hear that you got an A* in the end with As and Bs in the modules, as somebody asked me whether I'm going to retake the one I 'only' got an A in and I got even more worried lol.
Modular seems ok though, good to get some of it out of the way. Ahh...but I've got almost two years of it left!
Someone I know in year 10 got a D in a physics module (energy). :redface:
Reply 4
SiAnY
Someone I know in year 10 got a D in a physics module (energy). :redface:

Nearly everyone in Year 10 got at least one D, although some of my friends got Es, Fs and Gs. At least they can do retakes...
Reply 5
I got 38- module 1
module 19-35

module5-38
module6-37
module 21-39

module23-31
module 9-33
module 10-40
Reply 6
Well done on your results! I hope you do as well in the next four!

I'm in year 11 doing AQA double science so I should have finished the modular element by now but I'm doing a resit in March.

Originally, I had 38 (humans as organisms) and 35 (maintence of life) in biology but I resat the latter in November. I was really pleased because not only did I improve my grade, I had 50/50. I was gobsmacked! I'm resitting the humans as organisms module in March to improve my mark. I had my mock exam not long after I sat the module in November and found it helpful being able to remember some of the biology work pretty clearly.

I had two As in physics which were around the 40 mark and I had 38 and 48 in chemistry.

I'm hoping that the resit will help me revise a bit and ease some of the pressure for the main exam (though apparently I need to increase 6 marks for it to make a difference to my percentage?).
Reply 7
Is each module worth 5%? My Science teacher was saying something about adding up the two marks out of 50 and dividing by 10 to get the percentage, so I've got 9.3%, but only if each one is worth 5%...I hope so though, because by the time I've finished all the modules and coursework, there shouldn't be much to do in the final exam!
Hahaaaa. You lucky thing. You finish the syllabus very early indeed leaving lots of time for revision. Im beginning to worry for my sanity, since I do seperate and the syllabus isnt finished yet. Still, onwards and upwards. The modular paper is very easy in my humble opinion. But this doesnt mean you can slack off. So dont try it :biggrin:
Reply 9
Well done on those great marks. I know how frustrating a bad teacher could be. For Physics, we had an awful teacher, and in the last Physics module we took (I have done them all now, in year 11), everybody did badly in our group. In comparison, lots of people got As and A*s in the Chemistry and Biology modules (I got 2 A*s), but then in the Physics with the bad teacher lots of people got C or below. I am an A* candidate and I scraped a B. The teacher had whizzed through everything, and it wasn't a surprise people had done badly. I hope your teacher improves. Definitely make sure you have good coursework, it does make life easier. Best Wishes.
I think that the teachers are not that important i have two bad tecachers what matters is the revision. For the AQA exam board they do a really good revision guide, i just read that until i was sick of it.

Latest

Trending

Trending