The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by SophieP_
I will have to wait a few days I can’t pm yet LOL

me too lmao
Congrats to everyone who got accepted into the Programme - you'll all have a great time I'm sure (I know I did)!

Just a quick reminder that for privacy reasons, we don't allow sharing of off-site social media or contact info here (including in PMs). The Programme usually sets up Facebook Messenger group chats for you all anyway, so maybe wait a few weeks for this to happen.

Thanks and congrats,

Riley!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by dfmuni
I got accepted 😁😁😁 so happy I'm just the disappointed that the us residential is in the uk instead but I know the support and programme is going to worth it if you guys can add me to any gcs that would be amazing

Did the email say that the US week in summer is in the UK? Their website still indicates that they plan to do the US week in the US if possible.

There's usually 2 UK residentials before the US week.
Reply 143
Original post by ry7xsfa
Did the email say that the US week in summer is in the UK? Their website still indicates that they plan to do the US week in the US if possible.

Quoted from the email While we had hoped that this summer residential would be held in the United States, changing restrictions combined with the uncertainty and logistical challenges of keeping students on the programme safe, means that it will not be possible to travel to the US.”
Original post by ry7xsfa

The April residential is going to be in person but the June one will be virtual, and the email did say that US week can’t go ahead as normal so it’s gonna happen here in the UK but it will probably be just as informative as usual
Original post by dfmuni
Quoted from the email While we had hoped that this summer residential would be held in the United States, changing restrictions combined with the uncertainty and logistical challenges of keeping students on the programme safe, means that it will not be possible to travel to the US.”

Original post by mfarahhh
The April residential is going to be in person but the June one will be virtual, and the email did say that US week can’t go ahead as normal so it’s gonna happen here in the UK but it will probably be just as informative as usual

Wow that's actually really sad for you all! The US week was an amazing experience and was truly informative on what a US university campus is actually like. I'm sure you'll get something just as valuable online though! The staff are great and really work hard to make everything as good as it possibly can be.
The online US week was really informative and fun this year! It obviously wasn’t the same as actually going there, but it was an enjoyable experience in its own right.
congrats everyone who got on!! can't wait to meet you all, I was so shocked I was accepted
i got in too!!
Original post by sosialaeth
i got in too!!

Congratulations!!! It might just be a coincidence but are you welsh? (From your user)
yes!! from the north😁
Reply 151
Original post by revert2
Good luck, all! I’m part of last year’s cohort (Cohort 10), so feel free to message me if you have any questions :smile:

What GCSEs did u get if u don’t mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending