The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
PQ
Wont the value top the import limits meaning you'll have to pay import tax for that many?
Heres what Ive heard... You can bring back as many copies as you want just as long as you do not bring back multiple copies of the same movie. I guess they are worried about people selling them.

There is a forum for teachers abroad and the DVD thread is one of the longest one they have. Lots of people have brought them back to England and the states and most of them make it back with no problems.
i went to china and hong kong for a month last summer (2004) i worked in an orphange there, it was an amazing experience! hong kongs cool but I didnt really like china itself (i went to Chang Sha), there was alot of prejudice and it was heart breaking seeing how the children were being treated in state orphanages!
I'd be very careful about bringing so many DVDs and things back to the UK if I were you.. they do check and confiscate to deter foreigners from buying them. Try to separate your disks in separate bags and hide them in CD cases or something or in those CD wallets..

As for driving.. legal or not.. everyone drives like a maniac! Crossing the street is like suicide each time!

Anyways, on a happier note, my Dad works in Shanghai so we go visit him there, hopefully we will be going again this summer :biggrin: Shanghai is a fab place, really modern, plenty of shopping! Lots of train links to cool places all over China you can see..there are too many to mention!

Latest