The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship offer decline

So I got an offer for an apprenticeship and it is conditional however I am not too sure whether I want to do that apprenticeship. I have applied to other apprenticeships and if I don’t get them then I will use this as my back up

If I get an apprenticeship in another company will I be able to decline my conditional offer to the first apprenticeship offer I got
Reply 1
Original post by s.k...
So I got an offer for an apprenticeship and it is conditional however I am not too sure whether I want to do that apprenticeship. I have applied to other apprenticeships and if I don’t get them then I will use this as my back up

If I get an apprenticeship in another company will I be able to decline my conditional offer to the first apprenticeship offer I got

If no contract has been signed then you have no obligation to work for the company giving you the apprenticeship. Companies can offer you whatever but its up to you to decline or accept. Like when a uni offers you a place, youre not immediately tied to that uni.
Reply 2
Original post by O_O.
If no contract has been signed then you have no obligation to work for the company giving you the apprenticeship. Companies can offer you whatever but its up to you to decline or accept. Like when a uni offers you a place, youre not immediately tied to that uni.

If I accept it because they give u a certain time limit to accept will I be able to decline it after
Reply 3
Original post by s.k...
If I accept it because they give u a certain time limit to accept will I be able to decline it after

You should ask them this directly. Dont worry about them thinking youre unsure or whatever, theyve already given you the offer.

I dont acc know how it would work for accepting then declining. Ig it depends on what the "acceptance" process is. Like i said if its signing a contract, it might be harder to then decline.
Original post by s.k...

What apprenticeships offer conditional I thought it was all unconditional?
Reply 5
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
What apprenticeships offer conditional I thought it was all unconditional?

No so because I haven’t done my exams yet and I need to do a dbs check it’s conditional
Original post by s.k...
No so because I haven’t done my exams yet and I need to do a dbs check it’s conditional

Hi, did you end up finding out?
Reply 7
Original post by ……….
Hi, did you end up finding out?

Most Apprenticeship offers are conditional and are dependent on passing checks and academic requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending