The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Applying for Fashion Journalism at CSM ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous7777jjj
I'm sure you'll be okay. Stay positive; many people apply, and it takes time to get through to everybody. Give it a couple more weeks, and if anything, you can contact the university via email. And yes, I'm a home student. How about yourself? and thank you!!
Thank you so much. just saw someone else who applied end of Jan that got an interview too so made me worried. I’m international. Yeah I did and they said they hadn’t looked at my application yet so hopefully I might still have a chance. Also for interview I saw people saying to have fashion journalist you admire and be able to talk about your pebblepad entry x
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #3
Thank you so much. just saw someone else who applied end of Jan that got an interview too so made me worried. I’m international. Yeah I did and they said they hadn’t looked at my application yet so hopefully I might still have a chance. Also for interview I saw people saying to have fashion journalist you admire and be able to talk about your pebblepad entry x
Oh, okay. Is the pebble pad entry the article that i’ve sent? Also, i think they ask around 4 questions.
Oh, okay. Is the pebble pad entry the article that i’ve sent? Also, i think they ask around 4 questions.
ive got my interview for the course today at 3 ill lyk how it goes and what im asked
Original post by Anonymous #4
ive got my interview for the course today at 3 ill lyk how it goes and what im asked
Hello very best of luck. When did you apply? Are you home or international? Sorry just trying to see if I still have any chance x
Original post by Anonymous #4
hey i had my interview today at 11 it was so stressful bc they asked 2 questions and seemed quite unenthusiastic but ig it depends on who you get lemme know how yours goes x
Original post by DenimChicken
hey i had my interview today at 11 it was so stressful bc they asked 2 questions and seemed quite unenthusiastic but ig it depends on who you get lemme know how yours goes x
Hi, what sort of questions did they ask you? and how long was you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by DenimChicken
Which tutors did you have?
Hi, what sort of questions did they ask you? and how long was you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
they asked why did I want to do FJ at CSM, and a for journalist I admired. And then also for a publication I enjoyed or would like to work for. Just don’t say vogue. I wrote a ton of notes somewhere but didn’t end up using them lol.

I think they’re interested in talking to people with a distinct identity - this helps you stand out. In my interview I talked a lot about fashion as a cultural commodity and linked that to Vanessa Friedman. I quoted her which was a bit gauche but worked. And then also said I was interested in newspaper work. I think really it helps if all your answers are somewhat interconnected! So if you’re interested in music, make that clear. Same for art, haute couture, pop culture, anything. Have a point of view. DM me if you have any more questions!
Original post by Petitwish
they asked why did I want to do FJ at CSM, and a for journalist I admired. And then also for a publication I enjoyed or would like to work for. Just don’t say vogue. I wrote a ton of notes somewhere but didn’t end up using them lol.
I think they’re interested in talking to people with a distinct identity - this helps you stand out. In my interview I talked a lot about fashion as a cultural commodity and linked that to Vanessa Friedman. I quoted her which was a bit gauche but worked. And then also said I was interested in newspaper work. I think really it helps if all your answers are somewhat interconnected! So if you’re interested in music, make that clear. Same for art, haute couture, pop culture, anything. Have a point of view. DM me if you have any more questions!
Okay, that doesn’t seem too bad. I’ve been planning notes all day, and I’ve prepared for all the above. My inspiration is also Vanessa Friedman, which I’m excited to talk about. How were the lectures?
Okay, that doesn’t seem too bad. I’ve been planning notes all day, and I’ve prepared for all the above. My inspiration is also Vanessa Friedman, which I’m excited to talk about. How were the lectures?

Hi I just did my interview on Monday does anybody know how long it takes to here back? Checking my emails constantly and just want to know 😂:smile:
Original post by Anonymous #5
Hi I just did my interview on Monday does anybody know how long it takes to here back? Checking my emails constantly and just want to know 😂:smile:

Hey, I think they are interviewing until the end of the week and after that there should be some responses (hopefully)
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hey, I think they are interviewing until the end of the week and after that there should be some responses (hopefully)

Ah ok thankyou good luck to you! How did you find it?
Original post by oliviafortmuller
Ah ok thankyou good luck to you! How did you find it?

I think it went well! I managed to get all my points across but it felt like I was waffling a bit at times lol, wbu?
I think it went well! I managed to get all my points across but it felt like I was waffling a bit at times lol, wbu?

My first impression was it went well but I get what u mean I felt waffly due to nerves. Now after a couple days I’m overthinking it more but first impressions were good. I prepped for a lot more so felt I didn’t say everything I wanted to as was only quick, what did you say in yours?

I’ve not gotten any interview. How do u know they are interviewing till end of week only? Glad yours went well
Is anyone who got an interview so far international?

anyone heard back from them yet? i break up for easter this week and i’m not sure we will hear anything back until we come back after easter holidays.
anyone heard back from them yet? i break up for easter this week and i’m not sure we will hear anything back until we come back after easter holidays.

They haven't even finished interviewing yet so I think earliest you will hear back is next week
Original post by Anonymous #5
My first impression was it went well but I get what u mean I felt waffly due to nerves. Now after a couple days I’m overthinking it more but first impressions were good. I prepped for a lot more so felt I didn’t say everything I wanted to as was only quick, what did you say in yours?

I know the waiting part is so.. I keep going over the interview in my head and analysing what certain questions meant lol! do you have insta i could talk to u there?
Original post by Ginny777
I’ve not gotten any interview. How do u know they are interviewing till end of week only? Glad yours went well

I don't know definitively it was just the impression I got, heard anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending