The Student Room Group

How do I buy a phone on pay monthly contract without a credit history?

How do I buy a phone on pay monthly contract without a credit history as a Uni student who’s unemployed, but have the money to pay for it through student finance? Asking parents and relatives to do it for me is not an option.
Reply 1
Original post by SA199
How do I buy a phone on pay monthly contract without a credit history as a Uni student who’s unemployed, but have the money to pay for it through student finance? Asking parents and relatives to do it for me is not an option.

im 18 and i tried to do this just like recently but they wouldn't accept it because my credit didn't match their expectations so i'd say either just buy it as pay as you go (so pay the full amount) or do something that will show up positively on your credit history like getting a credit card and learn how to use it. just so it shows on your credit history that you have responsibly paid things back on time, hope that makes sense
Get a PAYG sim and buy your phone. Afterwards, get a ''credit builder'' credit card and try the phone contract again after six months.
Original post by SA199

https://mobile.asda.com/scoop/how-to-get-a-mobile-phone-with-bad-credit
visit this site and see the best offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending