The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Creative Arts and Mental Health MSc at Queen Mary University of London

Hi there,

I am considering applying for the Creative Arts and Mental Health MSc course and I was wondering if there is anyone who attended this course at some point. I would just like to know how was the degree and how the modules looked like. Especially the art aspect, because I am currently studying Psychology, thus I’m more worried about the crrative arts aspect. Especially because my main interest in arts is not performance based, but I have more interests in films or film production and also writing.

Or maybe there is someone who is considering the degree as well?

I would appriciate any response✨
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by iammaryidk
Hi there,

I am considering applying for the Creative Arts and Mental Health MSc course and I was wondering if there is anyone who attended this course at some point. I would just like to know how was the degree and how the modules looked like. Especially the art aspect, because I am currently studying Psychology, thus I’m more worried about the crrative arts aspect. Especially because my main interest in arts is not performance based, but I have more interests in films or film production and also writing.

Or maybe there is someone who is considering the degree as well?

I would appriciate any response✨

Hiya,

Hope everything's well on your end!

I myself haven't yet met a student on the Creative Arts & Mental Health MSc Course but I can provide you some additional info you might find helpful:

- https://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/coursefinder/courses/creative-arts-and-mental-health-msc/

One thing you could do is join the Queen Mary Network (prospective students tile) and see if you can find someone who has studied this course before to connect with: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/alumni/the-queen-mary-network/

You could also try contacting the below person to see if they are able to help put you in touch with a student of the course:

Dr Maria Grazia Turri

Senior Lecturer in Creative Arts and Mental Health, Centre for Psychiatry

2.13, Yvonne Carter Building
[email protected]

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Booted up my Student Room profile that I created during A-levels just to respond to this!

I know that this thread is now over a year old but if you are still considering this course, please feel free to message me. I am a current student on MSc Creative Arts and Mental Health, and a course rep.
Reply 3
Original post by faaeqsemssa QMUL
Hiya,

Hope everything's well on your end!

I myself haven't yet met a student on the Creative Arts & Mental Health MSc Course but I can provide you some additional info you might find helpful:

- https://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/coursefinder/courses/creative-arts-and-mental-health-msc/

One thing you could do is join the Queen Mary Network (prospective students tile) and see if you can find someone who has studied this course before to connect with: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/alumni/the-queen-mary-network/

You could also try contacting the below person to see if they are able to help put you in touch with a student of the course:

Dr Maria Grazia Turri

Senior Lecturer in Creative Arts and Mental Health, Centre for Psychiatry

2.13, Yvonne Carter Building
[email protected]

Hope this helps :smile:
Hi I got accepted to this course however, I am a bit worried about thecareer aspect, since I would be an international student. Can youprovide some information on what a graduate of that course might do?
Reply 4
Hi I got accepted to this course however, I am a bit worried about thecareer aspect, since I would be an international student. Can youprovide some information on what a graduate of that course might do?
Reply 5
Original post by MidnightWolf
Booted up my Student Room profile that I created during A-levels just to respond to this!
I know that this thread is now over a year old but if you are still considering this course, please feel free to message me. I am a current student on MSc Creative Arts and Mental Health, and a course rep.

Hi. I am currently applying for this course. Can you tell me about what is taught within the course in both the arts and psychology areas? Does it equip you with psychotherapy skills? Does it offer a psychology internship? How is the faculty? And how is the rest of the experience opportunities-wise and campus life or facilities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending