The Student Room Group

Optometry 2024 Manchester

Hi guys,
Anybody got an interview for Manchester coming up soon for Optometry? How are you guys feeling about it? Any offers from Manchester, what is the lowest that they will go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Three As… wbu?
Reply 2
Nothing yet
Reply 3
Original post by Sui123
Nothing yet

same :frown:
Original post by joannekath05
Hi guys,
Anybody got an interview for Manchester coming up soon for Optometry? How are you guys feeling about it? Any offers from Manchester, what is the lowest that they will go?

hii i have an interview on the 7th but im kinda worried bc although they updated on ucas and everything they still haven't sent me an email which i swear most unis do ?? anyways im super nervous bc i've never done an interview before apart from plymouth which was barely an interview anyways (T-T)
Original post by niyaa.jose
hii i have an interview on the 7th but im kinda worried bc although they updated on ucas and everything they still haven't sent me an email which i swear most unis do ?? anyways im super nervous bc i've never done an interview before apart from plymouth which was barely an interview anyways (T-T)

We have our interviews on the same day!! I’m super nervous too mainly because the questions seem quite hard to answer so we’ll need a lot of prep
Reply 6
I got given an interview on the 14th but I live so far away from machester and i dont plan on moving out so i dont think im going to take it too seriously
Reply 7
How long did it take to receive an interview invite
Original post by garlicnherb
We have our interviews on the same day!! I’m super nervous too mainly because the questions seem quite hard to answer so we’ll need a lot of prep

omg good luck !! yeah i havent even started preparing yet but idek how to T-T
Reply 9
Original post by JKR990

i applied in late november and only got an interview like a week ago
Original post by JKR990

I found out I got an interview on ucas but I didn’t receive an email until a week before the interview

What hard questions have you seen?
Reply 12
i’ve got an interview on the 6th :smile:
Tomorrow?! Good luck!! What prep have you done? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by optomgirly
Tomorrow?! Good luck!! What prep have you done? :smile:

the 6th of march thankfully not tomorrow! i’ve done a lot of work experience so just consolidating knowledge on that
Original post by goodse38
i’m sure you’ll be fine, it’s really hard under pressure and the simple questions are the ones that always confuse me under pressure too!!

aww thank u sm !!
SAME i had mine today i flopped the maths so hard its insane HAHAHH

HONESTLY I WAS SO NERVOUS THATS THE ONLY REASON💔💔and the person interviewing me wasn’t showing any interest in what I was saying so it made it worse
i had three maths questions and they honestly weren't hard at all i just blanked so hard bc i was so nervous (T-T)

no literally I feel like I was just feeling pressure💔💔but I still answered one of them wrong which I’m so bummed about because it was actually common sense..
How do you think your interview went overall?
no literally I feel like I was just feeling pressure💔💔but I still answered one of them wrong which I’m so bummed about because it was actually common sense..
How do you think your interview went overall?

UMM HAHHAHAH well it wasn't the most amazing interview and i think we're literally the same person bc one of the questions threw me off so hard so yh that answer was pretty sht
so not the best but i already have my firm and insurance choices so im not too sad tbh
UMM HAHHAHAH well it wasn't the most amazing interview and i think we're literally the same person bc the covid question threw me off so hard bc like covid was ages ago i never thought they'd ask that so yh that answer was pretty sht
so not the best but i already have my firm and insurance choices so im not too sad tbh

You’re so lucky!! Manchester IS my firm so I hope they don’t let my interview be the main deciding factor

Quick Reply

Latest