The Student Room Group

Share thoughts that have inspired you personally

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Need a lift?
Jesus was lifted by man, everyone around saw it,
then even the religious unbelievers in him knew he didn't come to do his own will (John 8:28).

3 days later he was lifted again, by God, only believers saw it,
he told them they needed to receive His Spirit.
When they did they were lifted in their hearts from darkness ("sin") to having "the Light of Life".

In John 8 & 9 Jesus deals with a woman in sin and a man in darkness, the whole of mankind since Adam and Eve.
Reply 61
"the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matt. 26:41)

Which one controls you?
Reply 62
Independent or inter-dependent?

Independence:
Proverbs 18:1 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeks and intermeddles with all wisdom.

Result: you know a bit about many things that have limited benefit but nothing about how to work with God's team, that will end up ruling this World.

Inter-dependence:
Eph. 4:15-16 speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

So, two desires: to prove how good you can be independently, or to prove what God can do corporately.
Reply 63
stone.jpg
Everyone needs help escaping the tomb of the old heart of stone.

Lazarus, "God has helped", "Jesus wept" because they, his friends, were still in unbelief.

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending