The Student Room Group

Government Economic Service Degree Apprenticeship 2022

I thought starting an up-to date discussion on this apprenticeship for 2022 applicants. I've passed the test and I'm currently writing the written application.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am also on the written application, just wondering if you are also having trouble with where to insert your CV
Original post by F12003
I am also on the written application, just wondering if you are also having trouble with where to insert your CV

Hey, I don't think they want an actual CV, they want the 1,000 word personal statement so I'm using my Uni personal statement and CV for inspiration.

The CV section is just for your qualifications.
just saw this thread, how did everyone find the tests?
Original post by starrynight35
just saw this thread, how did everyone find the tests?

I found them not bad, a lot better than other companies tests, what about you?
Original post by Ronan_verulam
I found them not bad, a lot better than other companies tests, what about you?

same, i thought they were ok until i saw the feedback and my % were a lot lower than other ppls from last years thread 🥲
same, i thought they were ok until i saw the feedback and my % were a lot lower than other ppls from last years thread 🥲

ahh fair enough, how can you see your percentages?
ahh fair enough, how can you see your percentages?

if you log onto into civil service jobs, click view applications, then click review, then feedback, you can click on each test and it shows the percentile
if you log onto into civil service jobs, click view applications, then click review, then feedback, you can click on each test and it shows the percentile

Thanks! just seen my percentages and happy with all of them although the judgement one could be better.
Thanks! just seen my percentages and happy with all of them although the judgement one could be better.

same the judgement was my worst one
(edited 2 years ago)
does anyone know when we will hear back after submitting the application?
Original post by muffboo
does anyone know when we will hear back after submitting the application?

on the candidate pack it says by april so we’ve got a long wait :/
on the candidate pack it says by april so we’ve got a long wait :/

ahh okay tysm :smile:
Email today that I have been selected for interview. Details will be communicated later. Anyone else?
Original post by Lydsbabe
Email today that I have been selected for interview. Details will be communicated later. Anyone else?

me too
Original post by Lydsbabe

Me too, what does it mean by GESDAP Written exercises?
Original post by JasmineEvansM
Hi. How has everyone's feedback for your 'personal statement' been broken down? Mine's 'Communicating and Influencing', 'Making Effective Decisions' and 'Delivering at Pace' which I find a bit odd cause they aren't what we were advised to write about? Is that the same for everyone?

yeah mine was like that too. i think it said on the actual job description that’s what we were being marked on?
I have received an email inviting me to do the written assessment. It says in the email
"Please read the following instructions carefully before starting the assessment:"
Following the colon there is a link to a teams meeting, there are no instructions attached, I am wondering if its the same for anyone else or if anyone knows anything else about it?
To anyone who has done the written assessment, did you guys type it out, or write it out and send a picture. I did the latter and am beginning to feel like I did the wrong thing.
Original post by Aguero9320
To anyone who has done the written assessment, did you guys type it out, or write it out and send a picture. I did the latter and am beginning to feel like I did the wrong thing.

Hey, you'll be fine! that's gonna make you stand out more than anything. You'll be judged on what you wrote now how you wrote it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending