The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Manchester Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I’m considering applying to manchester. Does anyone know if they are quite UCAT heavy when handing out interviews? Also does anyone know what the interview if the interview is hard?

my stats are
predicteds are A*A*A*
UCAT 2960
Original post by username50028453
Hi, I’m considering applying to manchester. Does anyone know if they are quite UCAT heavy when handing out interviews? Also does anyone know what the interview if the interview is hard?

my stats are
predicteds are A*A*A*
UCAT 2960

You seem very safe for Manchester. UCAT cut off for last cycle was 2730. I didn't have an interview, but people last year for both medicine and dentistry said it was tough. It will be MMI.
Original post by dejectedreject
You seem very safe for Manchester. UCAT cut off for last cycle was 2730. I didn't have an interview, but people last year for both medicine and dentistry said it was tough. It will be MMI.

Did they find it to be more tough compared to their other interviews? If they did would you be able to tell me which other unis they had interviews for?

Thanks
Did they find it to be more tough compared to their other interviews? If they did would you be able to tell me which other unis they had interviews for?

Thanks

I heard Manchester and KCL were particularly hard, as in the interviewers were quite stern and not putting you at your ease. In saying that though it's all subjective, I thought the panel in Liverpool were nice but others on here thought they were stone faced lol.
Hi does anyone know when Manchester will send the additional form for us to fill out about our work experiences and hobbies and stuff? I haven’t received mine yet.
Original post by anon123456789!
Hi does anyone know when Manchester will send the additional form for us to fill out about our work experiences and hobbies and stuff? I haven’t received mine yet.

I think last year it was late December.
They have just emailed me about it now.
They have just emailed me about it now.

Me too!!! Do you think it would be okay if I copied & pasted some stuff from my personal statement? :/
Original post by Kayyy30
Me too!!! Do you think it would be okay if I copied & pasted some stuff from my personal statement? :/

on their website they said that we should not simply copy and paste things from our personal statement onto the form
anyone know when interviews will be held this year?
this might be a dumb question but for the non-academic information form, for the work experience bit it says to write about treatments and procedures that i have observed. is it okay if i write about other things i saw such as teamwork and empathy?
Reply 12
this might be a dumb question but for the non-academic information form, for the work experience bit it says to write about treatments and procedures that i have observed. is it okay if i write about other things i saw such as teamwork and empathy?

Where does it say this? I can’t see the specific mention of treatments and procedures

Ok sorry found it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by IP2022
Where does it say this? I can’t see the specific mention of treatments and procedures

Ok sorry found it.

are you going to write strictly about procedures and treatments or are you going to include other stuff that you saw such as teamwork etc?
Reply 14
are you going to write strictly about procedures and treatments or are you going to include other stuff that you saw such as teamwork etc?

both
anyone heard back yet? they usually respond to dent applications around this time
Reply 16
Original post by Maarajjn
anyone heard back yet? they usually respond to dent applications around this time

Nope 👎🏽😞
Reply 17
last year, this time people started hearing back (from what I can see it was a lot of rejections first lmao)
For anyone who got an interview invite from manchester last year, around what time did you get it? was it in november/december/january?
Original post by dejectedreject

This isn’t true tho, they said their average ucat score was 2720

Quick Reply

Latest