The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Did anybody in reserve list get a letter about a halls place today ?
Reply 341
Original post by S....w
Did anybody in reserve list get a letter about a halls place today ?

I got an offer for one of the rooms today
Reply 342
Original post by tarokins
I got an offer for one of the rooms today

Me too Where did they offer ?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 343
Original post by S....w
Me too Where did they offer ?

I got Talybont court house
what about you?
Original post by tarokins
I got Talybont court house
what about you?

I did too, but I got Cartwright
Original post by mhudson2015
Hi, I’m a first year dental student at Cardiff Uni. I’m not sure how many people are on the reserve list this year and how many offers were made, however last year 100 people were on the reserve list. Everyone left on results day got an offer. I think there were about 20-25 offers made to the people on the reserve list :smile:

Hii, I was wondering do you know what the timetable is like during 1st year and would it be feasible to have a part-time job ?
Is it safe to apply with 2520 score?
Original post by Greekdentist
Is it safe to apply with 2520 score?

Tbh I am not too sure exactly. For reference, I had a 2490 Band 1 score, GCSEs of 99999999888, and Predicted A-Levels of A*A*A. And I was offered an interview, and then later an offer. I believe Cardiff focus more on your academics and since I had quite an average UCAT score it was good option. Make sure to check on their webpage for more detail on the selection process, but I hope this helps xx
Original post by MsBobatea123
Tbh I am not too sure exactly. For reference, I had a 2490 Band 1 score, GCSEs of 99999999888, and Predicted A-Levels of A*A*A. And I was offered an interview, and then later an offer. I believe Cardiff focus more on your academics and since I had quite an average UCAT score it was good option. Make sure to check on their webpage for more detail on the selection process, but I hope this helps xx

Thank you so much!:smile:
I am thinking of applying to cardiff as a graduate finishing my phd. My ucat is average and have band 2 sjt. How did you find the interview and was it online last year?
Reply 349
Original post by E.R.Cross
This might be a bit late, apologies if it is, but at Liverpool the dentistry and dental therapy and hygiene courses are combined so you do everything together. Then in May of 3rd year, the dental therapy students go off a graduate, while the dentistry students carry on. Therefore, you could apply for dental therapy and do that, then at the end of 3rd year request a transfer to dentistry and you only have to do 2 yrs. It is very competitive, but a good option I would say.

Is this possible??? As I have heard in order to do a BDS the minimum is 4 years which kcl does I am not sure about any others.
Will cardiff interviews definitely be in person this year? Anyone went to their open day?
Original post by Greekdentist
Will cardiff interviews definitely be in person this year? Anyone went to their open day?

Hii, sorry for the late reply but yes last year they were in person, and I believe for the foreseeable future they should remain in person however I am not 100% certain. I believe in-person interviews are way better though as it means more assets of your personality can be tested such as demeanour and confidence, and not just answer quality, which I believe is lost online (but this is just my personal opinion). So compared to my online interview, I loved the Cardiff one. Just be warned if it is like last year they don't ask conventional questions, so make sure you do interview prep and I believe that will suffice in your actual interview. Also practice being able to think critically on the stop. Hope this helps xx
Does anyone know if cardiff only scores gcses even for graduates for the academic qualifications?
Does anyone know what day they gave out the offer for dentistry last year? Waiting for results on 2024 entry.
hi, does anyone know how long after rejection they were told about the reserve list
Reply 355
Original post by MsBobatea123
I have but they haven't gotten back to me. Have you received anything?

Hi
Original post by hshshsjqpv
hi, does anyone know how long after rejection they were told about the reserve list

One week after rejection email

Latest