The Student Room Group

Cardiff Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Cardiff Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me out!
Just did my UCAT with a score of 2350 - a very low ucat score. Even though I was achieving over 2600 on medify.
My GCSEs are pretty solid with having 9s and 2 8s.
I'm not sure where to apply.
I have done a bit of research for university options that don't prioritize the UCAT as much.
Eg. Cardiff
Plymouth
Birmingham
Liverpool
I just want an opinion if I should apply to Glasgow. Their ucat cut-off score last year was around 2500. Would it be a good idea or is it too risky?
Reply 2
I need some advice for what 5th choice to apply for. My dental application is due by today as this is my school deadline. I was thinking of applying for one that lets me transfer to dentistry midway as in the interview I can say that my focus was for dentistry so I am doing all I could to do it. I live near Birmingham so would prefer unis near here. Is there any courses you suggest that I should pick. Tbh I would take a gap year over doing it if I didn’t get any offers but I am putting it down so I can go through for ucas extra if needed. What course would be a good one to pick as I have got a UCAT of 2780 b3 8 9s 2 8s and 3 predicted A*. I am applying for Birmingham Cardiff Liverpool and Plymouth so hopefully it doesn’t come to it.
Original post by Mxz55
I need some advice for what 5th choice to apply for. My dental application is due by today as this is my school deadline. I was thinking of applying for one that lets me transfer to dentistry midway as in the interview I can say that my focus was for dentistry so I am doing all I could to do it. I live near Birmingham so would prefer unis near here. Is there any courses you suggest that I should pick. Tbh I would take a gap year over doing it if I didn’t get any offers but I am putting it down so I can go through for ucas extra if needed. What course would be a good one to pick as I have got a UCAT of 2780 b3 8 9s 2 8s and 3 predicted A*. I am applying for Birmingham Cardiff Liverpool and Plymouth so hopefully it doesn’t come to it.

This might be a bit late, apologies if it is, but at Liverpool the dentistry and dental therapy and hygiene courses are combined so you do everything together. Then in May of 3rd year, the dental therapy students go off an graduate, while the dentistry students carry on. Therefore, you could apply for dental therapy and do that, then at the end of 3rd year request a transfer to dentistry and you only have to do 2 yrs. It is very competitive, but a good option I would say.
Anyone heard yet?
Original post by Sarah.a3
Anyone heard yet?

nope
nothing yet
Original post by Sarah.a3
Anyone heard yet?
Not yet.
just received an interview!
Original post by miniapple3
just received an interview!

whats all ur stats?
Reply 10
I received an interview. Does anyone know if it will be online and when it’ll be?
Original post by aaliai
I received an interview. Does anyone know if it will be online and when it’ll be?

whats ur stats??
Reply 12
Original post by ykffhjfuoyf
whats ur stats??

achieved AAA. UCAT 2720 B1
just got an interview
Original post by aaliai
achieved AAA. UCAT 2720 B1

GCSES??
Original post by sureostrich1087
just got an interview

whats all ur stats??