The Student Room Group

bad LNAT score...HELP

I received my lnat score and got 11/42 which is terrible and i applied to LSE, Kings, Bristol, Leeds and Warwick but i have not yet been rejected by any that is the stressful thing.
I know my chances of LSE are down the drain l have the grade requirements A*AA and i have a strong personal statement but I don't think they will accept me with a lnat score that low
But KCL is more lenient and was wondering if you guys might think I have a chance of getting in?

Scroll to see replies

i think there are always outliers who do get offers given their gcses, predictions and personal statements are very good. i'm not too sure because idk much about law lol, just speaking about my own experiences doing admission exams. which of the unis u have applied to don't emphasize too much on the lnat?
sure but according to my experience on law I have never disappointed on any help so kindly consider my services incase and you will never disappoint
Reply 3
Could we just talk about it on here if that's okay?
Original post by rosiee2287
Could we just talk about it on here if that's okay?

Very sensible - don't go paying for advice when it's free on here.

I'm very sorry to say this but I don't think realistically you are very likely to get offers from LSE, Kings or Bristol unless there are extenuating circumstances to explain the low LNAT score (sorry to be blunt). A strong PS will not really help you here. However, you should still be hopeful of getting offers from Warwick & Leeds with your predicted grades especially if you also have good GCSE grades.
Original post by stephmwendwa
sure but according to my experience on law I have never disappointed on any help so kindly consider my services incase and you will never disappoint

I wanted to ask if i got a 13/42 on my LNAT, and if i remember correctly i wrote a pretty good essay which was embedded with arguments and counterarguments to the prompt along with real life evidence and patterns, my IB predicted is a 42/45 and I have a very strong personal statement which include experience in the field and more. What would be my chances of getting an offer from Bristol? I still haven't heard anything back from them and i submitted my application in october and did my LNAT in Novemeber.
I received my lnat score and got 11/42 which is terrible and i applied to LSE, Kings, Bristol, Leeds and Warwick but i have not yet been rejected by any that is the stressful thing.
I know my chances of LSE are down the drain l have the grade requirements A*AA and i have a strong personal statement but I don't think they will accept me with a lnat score that low
But KCL is more lenient and was wondering if you guys might think I have a chance of getting in?

Depending on how much they take the essay into account there is possibly a very slim chance. Universities such as KCL don't even take the essay into account however - its also a very competitive university so most likely they won't be able to make you an offer. Universities such as Bristol place a 60/40 weighting on the multiple choice and essay so that's probably your best shot if your essay was outstanding. Nevertheless, to agree with an earlier reply, its just too competitive and there is a minimum threshold value. I for example got a 27/42 and am still very much on the balance for Durham.
The person you have quoted has been banned from TSR, probably for advertising a paid service which is against the rules. But I do know that Bristol don't read the personal statement in most cases, only when a candidate is very borderline as to whether they should offer a place or not.
Original post by M Zhandos AV
Depending on how much they take the essay into account there is possibly a very slim chance. Universities such as KCL don't even take the essay into account however - its also a very competitive university so most likely they won't be able to make you an offer. Universities such as Bristol place a 60/40 weighting on the multiple choice and essay so that's probably your best shot if your essay was outstanding. Nevertheless, to agree with an earlier reply, its just too competitive and there is a minimum threshold value. I for example got a 27/42 and am still very much on the balance for Durham.

I wanted to ask if i got a 13/42 on my LNAT, and if i remember correctly i wrote a pretty good essay which was embedded with arguments and counterarguments to the prompt along with real life evidence and patterns, my IB predicted is a 42/45 and I have a very strong personal statement which include experience in the field and more. What would be my chances of getting an offer from Bristol? I still haven't heard anything back from them and i submitted my application in october and did my LNAT in Novemeber.
Reply 9

just out of interest how do you feel the essay went? best of luck <3
Original post by as1234ser
I wanted to ask if i got a 13/42 on my LNAT, and if i remember correctly i wrote a pretty good essay which was embedded with arguments and counterarguments to the prompt along with real life evidence and patterns, my IB predicted is a 42/45 and I have a very strong personal statement which include experience in the field and more. What would be my chances of getting an offer from Bristol? I still haven't heard anything back from them and i submitted my application in october and did my LNAT in November.

Bristol most likely will have received your score within 24 hours of you submitting it and so hearing nothing back yet may not necessarily be a bad thing.
Applications to Bristol are scored and ranked with the overall weightings:

GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%

The LNAT grade used by the University is scored as:
60% multiple choice questions | 40% essay

However the average this year was 20 so it will be hard for them to take applicants below that figure.
What are your predicted grades?
Bristol most likely will have received your score within 24 hours of you submitting it and so hearing nothing back yet may not necessarily be a bad thing.

However the average this year was 20 so it will be hard for them to take applicants below that figure.

for IB i have 4 higher levels, 7 7 6 6
2 standard levels 7 6 , and my predicted out of 45 is a 42

You seem to be struggling to comprehend that Bristol do not read the PS which I have already pointed out - they grade students on 40% LNAT, 40% A level and 20% GCSEs.

They only use the PS as it says on their Admissions statement "to differentiate between applicants with similar academic profiles"

http://www.bris.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2022/law.pdf
Original post by harrysbar
You seem to be struggling to comprehend that Bristol do not read the PS which I have already pointed out - they grade students on 40% LNAT, 40% A level and 20% GCSEs.

They only use the PS as it says on their Admissions statement "to differentiate between applicants with similar academic profiles"

http://www.bris.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2022/law.pdf

okay thx, ill make sure to check out the website
Reply 14

A*A*A
A*A*A

Any Luck?
I was rejected by Durham in the end with 27/42 if that's any consolation assuming you didn't get in
I know my chances of LSE are down the drain l have the grade requirements A*AA and i have a strong personal statement but Idon't think they will accept me with a lnat score that low
But KCL is more lenient and was wondering if you guys might think I have a chance

Sorry to ask but did you get the offer?
Original post by Roronoa zoro69
Sorry to ask but did you get the offer?

hii, yes i recieived an offer, but i think thats because i had a very strong profile. but they gave me very high conditions inorder to compensate for my bad lnat
Reply 18
hii, yes i recieived an offer, but i think thats because i had a very strong profile. but they gave me very high conditions inorder to compensate for my bad lnat

what conditions? also from where all did you receive an offer?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by jskwhsbsi
what conditions? also from where all did you receive an offer?

I recieved offers from Edinburgh uni, Lancaster and Bristol uni. The conditions were 34/45, 35/45 and 38/45 respectively. I ended up committing to Edinburgh uni at the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending