The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
yay!! :biggrin:
Reply 81
Originally Posted by Lady Muck (Y)
Good Luck!

I've decided smart/casual... which is the most unhelpful phrase, but just not jeans basically

I'm really worried about this interview... no idea what to expect :/ Are there any Q's directly to you, or is it literally just a group task? :s

Also have Sheffield Hallam on fri 13th ... scary stuff

ive got my liverpool and sheffield interviews on the same day
clothing is what you said well thats what everyone did for nottingham.
has anyone know how long it takes for a reply for nottingham?
Reply 82
i got told about my interview for nottingham after a month, and an offer 9 days after interview.
Reply 83
Well done on the offer from Georges euphoria! I've got my interview there soon & would love to get in..... One question for everyone here, do you shake hands with the interviewers as you walk in/as you leave/at all? or do you reckon it depends on how close they are to you and how many of them there is, don't want to be rude - or over polite, what do you reckon?
Reply 84
what date's your interview, Activeroo?
Reply 85
Activeroo
Well done on the offer from Georges euphoria! I've got my interview there soon & would love to get in..... One question for everyone here, do you shake hands with the interviewers as you walk in/as you leave/at all? or do you reckon it depends on how close they are to you and how many of them there is, don't want to be rude - or over polite, what do you reckon?
think I shook hands when they came out to meet me, but only because they offered their hands, didn't bother at the end

seriously though..........don't stress about it....there are much more important things to worry about at interview!
Reply 86
Think I did the same as Jackie. The interviewers come to fetch the students at George's (or at least one of them does - there's two) so I shook hands there and then again in the room, then I think I thanked them at the end.
Reply 87
Just Got An offer from Kings :smile:
Got Offers at Kings and Birmingham
Rejected at Nottingham and UEA
Reply 88
Regarding the shaking hand issue, it's just one of those things that suddenly pops into your head when you've been thinking about the interview too much! :rolleyes: I'm coming to Georges on the 11th, next Wed, agghh :woo:
Reply 89
Well Here's the stats on me...

I am from Vancouver, BC Canada

I have finished a primary Bachelor of Human Kinetics at the University of British Columbia and I will now be starting a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in September of this year.

I have applied to: Cardiff, Glasgow Caledonian, Manchester Metropolitan, University of East London, and Keele

As an International student I have received unconditional offers from GCU, UEL and Keele

I have been rejected by Cardiff

and I have an interview with MMU on Tuesday morning

Good luck to you all
Reply 90
just got my liverpool offer which is relieving just waiting to hear from bradford and nottingham where i had my interviews.
Just sheffield hallam to go :smile:

anyone else heard from liverpool who had their interview last wed??
Reply 91
yea i heard from liverpool today too which was good:smile: seeing as it was such a random interview wasnt really sure whether would get one or not x
I saw your posts on here and thought I best check UCAS...to my surprise I got an offer from liverpool, really didnt think I would as all of us seemed to similar :s-smilie: lol

Just sheffield Hallam on friday :/...
Fire17
Just Got An offer from Kings :smile:
Got Offers at Kings and Birmingham
Rejected at Nottingham and UEA

wooo me too!
have you decided what's gonna be your firm/insurance?
Reply 94
cotton headed ninnymoggin
wooo me too!

Hey oh well done everyone! To those who have heard from kings, when did u send ur application in? I still haven't heard from them and its really starting to stress me out, lol. I sent in my application around the begining of December.
Reply 95
cotton headed ninnymoggin
wooo me too!

Heyyy ermm Kings is going to by my firm!
And I only just got kings a couple of days ago and I applied in October
Reply 96

5 Hours Ago 11:48 (Lady Muck (Y))
I saw your posts on here and thought I best check UCAS...to my surprise I got an offer from liverpool, really didnt think I would as all of us seemed to similar lol

Just sheffield Hallam on friday :/...

you know what to expect at sheff hallam?cos i have no idea whether it'll be like nottingham, bradford or the randomness at liverpool
Reply 97
Shakthi
Hey oh well done everyone! To those who have heard from kings, when did u send ur application in? I still haven't heard from them and its really starting to stress me out, lol. I sent in my application around the begining of December.
kings are renowned for taking ages. I had my application in by november and they left it till May to reject me.

The day/month you put your application in has no bearing on how soon you do or don't hear
Reply 98
Lady Muck - what's the sum total of rejections without interview so far? Just wondering as I think I helped with your PS didn't I?

btw - I've since found out that two of the girls on my course are seriously considering equine physio after they finish, although I still wouldn't mention it at interview!

Good luck for tomorrow Activeroo! Just make sure you read through the info pack about what areas will be asked about, and give them some thought. While it may not be an absolutely straight question on thos topics, if you've thought about them then it'll definitely help. Try to say a chunk more than the bare minimum - you get marked on the depth of your answer, and try to throw in examples as well - so for example they might ask about a time in your life when you struggled. It could be an academic situation - so try to think of a specific example, and then talk about how you addressed it - time management, working with friends (shows good team working skills) etc. The folow up to "why physio?" is often "so why not medicine (or nursing)?". Try not to feel threatened by the questions - they're trying to help draw out your motivation and how you work/think. I could say more but the areas asked about are in the info pack unless they've changed it.
Fire17
Heyyy ermm Kings is going to by my firm!
And I only just got kings a couple of days ago and I applied in October

I guess I'll see you at King's then lol. I firmed Kings and insured Liverpool.

Oh and i applied in October and got the offer in December but no news is good news!

Latest