The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you looked closely at the course structure (compulsory modules, chances to take elective modules etc) and the locations? It's really a question of personal preference - nobody can say what's right for you.
Reply 2
*River
Have you looked closely at the course structure (compulsory modules, chances to take elective modules etc) and the locations? It's really a question of personal preference - nobody can say what's right for you.

Yer i've looked... a lot of stuff to look at LOL.
Reply 3
*River

Is a BSc course more respected than a BA?
Reply 4
Not Staffs cus Stoke is the most un-student orientated city ever!! :smile:

I'd personally recommend going on the open days...that's how I decided where I wanted go...get a feel for the city as a whole and not just the uni. And look at the course structures...they are probably more or less similar but modules and flexibility to choose other modules can vary quite abit.
Reply 5
doodle7
Not Staffs cus Stoke is the most un-student orientated city ever!! :smile:

I'd personally recommend going on the open days...that's how I decided where I wanted go...get a feel for the city as a whole and not just the uni. And look at the course structures...they are probably more or less similar but modules and flexibility to choose other modules can vary quite abit.

Ok, thanks for that infomation.
I wouldn't go to De Montfort but then I'm probably put off by their adverts (and if their adverts are rubbish, it's hardly good news for their media department). That said it's meant to have a good student radio station.
Reply 7
Derby isn't exactly the best student town...
Reply 8
I'd choose Lincoln over Derby if only for the ice cream.
i wouldnt go with staff or de mont personally.. its up to u tho, have u had a look around?

what offers have u had so far from which unis?
Lincoln is a lovely place. Not sure about the rest, never been to Northampton. You should seriously consider going to some open days!
having graduated from the university of derby in media i would personally avoid it, or at least only have it as a last resort
Reply 12
oo_Lucinda_oo
i wouldnt go with staff or de mont personally.. its up to u tho, have u had a look around?

I have had an offer from Lincoln, i need 300 points from my a-levels and as-level.
Reply 13
oo_Lucinda_oo

I have had an offer from Lincoln, i need 300 points from my a-levels and as-level.

I have also had an offer from derby, i need 240 points however that must be from only my A-levels so it would be 3 Cs
Reply 14
ipswichblade
Lincoln is a lovely place. Not sure about the rest, never been to Northampton. You should seriously consider going to some open days!

Oh yer i've been to Lincolns and De Montfort open days and will be going to Derbys on the 29th
Reply 15
Northampton uni does pretty well for itself, but the town is quite monotonous with nothing much to do!

I've lived here for 12 years. It's fairly big, but it's really not student-orientated. The town centre and everything within a 2 miles radius is constantly gridlocked. It's just boring. But I would recommend coming down for an open day.
SFsucks
Oh yer i've been to Lincolns and De Montfort open days and will be going to Derbys on the 29th

Did you like both places then? :smile:
Reply 17
ipswichblade

Yer, i lives close by from lincoln anyway... De Montfort looked like they had really good facilites when i went into the media block.
Reply 18
ipswichblade

I would say however that Lincoln University area looks a little better than De Montfort.
SFsucks
Yer, i lives close by from lincoln anyway... De Montfort looked like they had really good facilites when i went into the media block.

I see. Are you going to visit the other 2 unis? Would be a good idea. I've been to see all 5 of my unis and it's important if you are unsure of where to go.

Latest

Trending

Trending