The Student Room Group

How far in advance should I book my driving theory test and driving lessons?

I'm 17 in early September and would ideally want to take my theory before my birthday and be driving as quickly as possible afterwards- how far in advance should I book to be safe? I have GCSE's until June 23rd so will be focussing on them until then, so I can't do my theory before then.
Reply 1
Original post by ella1507
I'm 17 in early September and would ideally want to take my theory before my birthday and be driving as quickly as possible afterwards- how far in advance should I book to be safe? I have GCSE's until June 23rd so will be focussing on them until then, so I can't do my theory before then.

Have you already got your provisional licence? I wouldn't start booking anything before that has arrived.
The driving theory content doesn't actually take that long to learn (especially compared to GCSEs!). If you download the app and work your way through everything, I think you could quite comfortably take 3 weeks of doing it for maybe 30mins per day before doing the exam. So you can book it for just a few weeks after your last exam ends. Driving lessons - try to book as far in advance as possible. Instructors may only have availability in a few months time, so if you phone up now and get onto their list, it will help!

You can book in advance but it will not allow to you to book a day for the theory test which is before your 17th birthday. Booking it for your birthday or the day after is fine - not sure how far in advance the booking system is up to - probably not this far. Good luck.

I don’t think you’re allowed to take your theory or even book your theory until you’re 17.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending