The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking 2023 Summer Internship Thread***

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,
Didn’t get to apply to spring weeks seeing as I did not really know what they were or their importance, as well as being unsure on what I wanted to pursue. Wondering if it’s even worth it to apply to summer internships as I’m reading that my chances would be very slim without it.

I have lots of different volunteering experience as well as teaching and accountancy work abroad.

Econ 2:1 target Relevant and non relevant clubs
Go for it. You have a decent shot. A spring week does not make a huge difference.
Hey guys, will appreciate if someone can dm me with a spreadsheet if you have one. TIA
is there a thread for grad schemes?
Any applications that opened recently?
Original post by JadenRichie
ye got offer

Hi, how many interviews did you have before getting an offer?
Original post by AlexFisher2
Hi, how many interviews did you have before getting an offer?

I'll PM
When do summer analyst internships usually take place? Do any of you have precise dates from previous years?
Has anyone finished HSBC's job simulation?
Sorry if not relevant, but don't see a graduate thread. When are these open?
Hi Guys,
Just completed the RBC test for Global markets aced the situtational judgement and Verbal reasoning test however the numerical one I didnt do too well on since I got quite fast and but inaccurate does that mean I wont proceed to the next round. My application is under review, but would it likely affect my application
Original post by RoyalBlue1
Hi Guys,
Just completed the RBC test for Global markets aced the situtational judgement and Verbal reasoning test however the numerical one I didnt do too well on since I got quite fast and but inaccurate does that mean I wont proceed to the next round. My application is under review, but would it likely affect my application

I think that it will be a problem. I just been rejected 1 hour after the test, what about u mate? GL btw :smile:
Original post by kerviel_junior
I think that it will be a problem. I just been rejected 1 hour after the test, what about u mate? GL btw :smile:

How did you guys apply to RBC, I can't see that the position is open online. Mind sending me a link? TIA
Original post by kerviel_junior

Yeah same ahaha
For the morgan stanley SJT summer, I have applied but havent recieved immediately an online test, should I be concerned?
Hey all, after receiving spring week and internship offers from multiple bulge bracket and elite boutique banks, I wrote a guide on getting into consulting from the perspective of someone that has done it.

Check it out here: https://clover-guide-ef2.notion.site/Investment-Banking-and-Consulting-Careers-Education-Advice-fcb1c23be26c404dbd6d07d29d48bdf4

It covers CVs, cover letters, and even how to figure out if IB is right for you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey all, I got 4 IB offers and 2 VC offers for this summer and I would be more than happy to help where I can. Feel free to PM me.

On a separate note, if you guys have a speadsheet that you can share with, I would really appreciate it.
Hey I just got an invite for hirevue interview with GS has anyone else heard back?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 58
anyone applying for full time roles in their last year? and is there a whatsapp gc?
Reply 59
Original post by lesgo21
is there a thread for grad schemes?

let me know if you find one / a gc for grad schemes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending