The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking 2023 Summer Internship Thread***

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do the evercore video interview yet?
Reply 81
anyone done fidelity vi? can trade others! thanks
Original post by Fedecrim
Hey guys, I applied to the Morgan Stanley Summer 2023 internship, and I completed the assessments. They were really hard, however I got my results in the performance booklet, and it said I had done very well. It said I scored well above average for those working already in this division at MG and I scored in line with them too. I did not once score under average. Does anyone know what this means? Could I still get rejected? Or are they likely to progress me to the next round? If so, when would I hear from them?

You could still get rejected. I did the test on the 1st of September and received a rejection on the 12th. My test results ended up being "very well aligned with the business" and performed "well above average" for both the numerical and the inductive reasoning. I think it's just a screen and then the cv is actually reviewed after.
Original post by Gtrin35
anyone know how long UBS take to reply after Video interview?

Did UBS eventually get back to you?
Reply 84
has anyone done the fidelity video interview? please pm can trade others
Does Jp morgan require a cover letter, and how long does it take to get the hirevue for JP morgan???
Original post by funnyfish10
Does Jp morgan require a cover letter, and how long does it take to get the hirevue for JP morgan???

Got mine directly, applied for SA IBD
Has anyone completed hirevue for JPM, BofA, or Barclays for IBD? If so feel free to DM me :smile:
Original post by Gtrin35
anyone know how long UBS take to reply after Video interview?

Did you apply for Global banking at UBS?
Original post by Patini1
Did UBS eventually get back to you?

No, they haven't yet. Tbf it has only been about a week since I did the interview so I wouldn't expect them to. I don't know when AC's are, but it's still mid-September so I would be surprised if they are this early!

Original post by econdude_02
Did you apply for Global banking at UBS?

I applied for AM, I think the questions are the same tho.
Original post by Gtrin35
No, they haven't yet. Tbf it has only been about a week since I did the interview so I wouldn't expect them to. I don't know when AC's are, but it's still mid-September so I would be surprised if they are this early!

I applied for AM, I think the questions are the same tho.

Alright, would you mind sharing them?

I won't share the exact ones as that would be unfair for people not on ts, but it is just your basic behavioural questions. Make sure you have an idea of what is going on in the news as well and you will be fine. There are no technicals

I applied for global banking. They did actually have two technical questions at the end. Make sure you know about a recent merger deal and some metrics you would use to assess a company. 6 questions in total with the remaining 4 being competency-based.
Original post by Patini1
I applied for global banking. They did actually have two technical questions at the end. Make sure you know about a recent merger deal and some metrics you would use to assess a company. 6 questions in total with the remaining 4 being competency-based.

I stand corrected then, the questions vary significantly per business division
Anyone else get an instant rejection from Blackstone, with no real explanation why? Not to sound completely entitled, but my grades up to this point have been perfect, I'm a Cambridge economics student from a disadvantaged background and I have spring week work experience and multiple relevant ECs. What more do they want 😭
Original post by EconHopeful
Anyone else get an instant rejection from Blackstone, with no real explanation why? Not to sound completely entitled, but my grades up to this point have been perfect, I'm a Cambridge economics student from a disadvantaged background and I have spring week work experience and multiple relevant ECs. What more do they want 😭

Is it possible you filled the form in wrong? As usually, an instant rejection means you weren't eligible for the programme so it's possible you may have made a mistake in the form.
Otherwise, it may just be full. I did their pymetrics games over a month ago and never heard back so who knows.
Original post by EconHopeful

most likely you were too late
Original post by tsr_leo
most likely you were too late

damn, already. I've been applying to most firms in the last week, do you think its too late?
Original post by Gtrin35
Is it possible you filled the form in wrong? As usually, an instant rejection means you weren't eligible for the programme so it's possible you may have made a mistake in the form.
Otherwise, it may just be full. I did their pymetrics games over a month ago and never heard back so who knows.

Just checked my application and everything seems correct. They might just have filled all the spots already i guess
Does anyone have any idea of what sort of proportion of summer intern positions are filled by previous spring interns relative to the number of external applicants considered? Especially at the BB firms? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending