The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 1 (option A) 7717/1A - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 1 (option A) 7717/1A - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 7th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Anyone doing this one
Original post by anon030303
Anyone doing this one

Yes Love through the ages - Othello etc
Anyone doing Lear for tragedy?
Original post by filfifofum
Yes Love through the ages - Othello etc

I think you're on the wrong thread! That's english lit A not B- https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7193584 is your thread :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by imdepressed121
Anyone doing Lear for tragedy?

Yh
Original post by s8520
Yh

Nice to finally see someone doing the same play! What are your predictions?
Reply 7
Anyone have any predictions for Othello? or section c?
Maybe something about Desdemona and Othello's relationship, although they've already had love. Idea of justice?
Hope for section C? treament of women?

They've gone through all the main characters for Othello so assuming they don't give us roderigo or Bianca, I wonder if they'll repeat.
what are your guys predictions for sec c?
Reply 9
Original post by EMMMA1234

Quite a few people have said it could be on the role/treatment of women in tragedy as that I don't think has been an official question yet
Original post by em592
Quite a few people have said it could be on the role/treatment of women in tragedy as that I don't think has been an official question yet

I definitely think they could give us that. Also hope seems like an obvious theme for tragedy which they haven't asked about yet either.
Also think it could be about victims, maybe idea of blame too
Original post by EMMMA1234

i feel like we might get a question on setting because that hasn't come up yet
Reply 12
For those doing King Lear, any predictions on section B? I'm trying to revise potential smaller characters after the question on Albany came up. Potentially Edgar?
Original post by ellam15
Anyone have any predictions for Othello? or section c?
Maybe something about Desdemona and Othello's relationship, although they've already had love. Idea of justice?
Hope for section C? treament of women?

They've gone through all the main characters for Othello so assuming they don't give us roderigo or Bianca, I wonder if they'll repeat.

I think they might give us isolation for theme, and then minor side characters such as Bianca or Roderigo.
Reply 14
Original post by em592
For those doing King Lear, any predictions on section B? I'm trying to revise potential smaller characters after the question on Albany came up. Potentially Edgar?

Yh was thinking a smaller character could come up - especially since the Fool came up last year and Albany the year before! my class also thought Edgar maybe
hi can someone help me asap

when structuring an essay, is the argument balanced or unbalanced?? i take 3 essay subjects and always get the mixed up.

eg for balanced

intro
point for
point against
point for
point against
balanced conc

eg for unbalanced

intro
point for
point for
point against
point for
unbalanced conc

thank u so much in advance x
Could they ask something in relation to fate? I feel like the role of women's question is really similar to a previous one that was something along the lines of antagonists being wickedly attractive. Also, if there was a women question, how would you guys go about answering it for the death of a salesman?
Reply 17
Original post by alex_lexi876
Could they ask something in relation to fate? I feel like the role of women's question is really similarpr to a previous one that was something along the lines of antagonists being wickedly attractive. Also, if there was a women question, how would you guys go about answering it for the death of a salesman?

Probably by looking at the role of Linda as the main female character as a carer of sorts to Willy compared to the role of the other women in the play such as Ms. Forsythe and The Woman? Women in Death of a Salesman seem to either be there to look after the men and be a symbol of the typical American household that they should strive for; Linda being the one who takes care of the children, the home, their finances, etc. and how she tries desperately to protect Willy - to the point she blames her children and places blame on them for his mentality, or for their usefulness - Ms Forsythe is used for a good time by Happy, and there's an alternative reading you can do with The Woman by looking at her outburst about the lack of stockings that Willy was sleeping with her in order to make gains in the Salesman world. I don't know if this makes sense - my brain is scrambled from all the revision, but I hope it helps a little!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 15jj12
Probably by looking at the role of Linda as the main female character as a carer of sorts to Willy compared to the role of the other women in the play such as Ms. Forsythe and The Woman? Women in Death of a Salesman seem to either be there to look after the men and be a symbol of the typical American household that they should strive for; Linda being the one who takes care of the children, the home, their finances, etc. and how she tries desperately to protect Willy - to the point she blames her children and places blame on them for his mentality, or for their usefulness - Ms Forsythe is used for a good time by Happy, and there's an alternative reading you can do with The Woman by looking at her outburst about the lack of stockings that Willy was sleeping with her in order to make gains in the Salesman world. I don't know if this makes sense - my brain is scrambled from all the revision, but I hope it helps a little!

It helps a lot! I was thinking about how she's a victim to Willy's ploy she's forced to suffer from his actions at the end and even before she carries a heavy burden to help him with his mental health. Also how she's arguably complicit for his suicide because of the gas pipe and her consistently downplaying his traffic accidents. Nonetheless, I feel so much more confident wit Keats as the arguments are much more varied.
How did it go? Well done for finishing it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending