The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni life

Hi I was wondering what the student life was like at bath?
yeh Id like to find out too, i hear its big on sports??
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by beapooleco
Hi I was wondering what the student life was like at bath?

Hi

Student life at Bath is very varied and there's definitely something for everyone!

The first thing is societies. There are university societies for most things you could think of, ranging from sports or music to coffee or board games. There really is something for everyone, but if you ever feel there is something missing that you would like to partake in, you can always create your own society! The full list of the groups we have on campus that are officially recognised by the student union is here. Within each society, there are meet ups to do the activity the society is based around (like music rehearsals or sports practice etc) but there are also regular socials. These can be meeting up for cake and a cup of tea, or a pub crawl in the centre of Bath, or anything inbetween! There's so much to get involved in so you're bound to find something you enjoy.

Another part of student life is the student union generally - on campus we have the plug and tub which serve drinks, food, and even have an incorporated starbucks, so it's a great place to go with friends either for a coffee and a bagel, or just for a drink. The student union also runs club nights twice a week on campus which is a great chance for you to get to go clubbing with the convenience of being right on campus. There are also regular campus events, including balls, live music, comedy etc, so there's always something to do.If you want to venture further into town, there are lots of pubs and clubs there if you're interested in nightlife - and if you want to go even further then Bristol is very close by (about 15 minutes by train) and is a massive city so has everything you could really want.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Isobel (2nd year maths)
I’ve also heard it’s big on sports! And there are lots of societies and student life opportunities!

Quick Reply

Latest