The Student Room Group

Uni choice !

Hi ! I recently received offers from the University of Nottingham, Royal Holloway - for International relations
UCM (Maastricht University College) and LUC the Hague (Leiden University College - for liberal arts and sciences.

Can any of you help in saying what student life is like in any of those places? How are the people ? the lectures? the Professors? the city? I don't have a chance to visit any of these places before the start of the year so Im hoping someone can give me some insight :smile:)
Original post by blublud
Hi ! I recently received offers from the University of Nottingham, Royal Holloway - for International relations
UCM (Maastricht University College) and LUC the Hague (Leiden University College - for liberal arts and sciences.

Can any of you help in saying what student life is like in any of those places? How are the people ? the lectures? the Professors? the city? I don't have a chance to visit any of these places before the start of the year so Im hoping someone can give me some insight :smile:)

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at the uni of Nottingham.

I personally have really enjoyed my time here and have enjoyed studying at the uni.
The campus is really green, with lots of nice study spaces across campus. From my experience all of the lecturers have been really friendly and are more than happy to answer any questions via email, in a meeting if you need extra help or after the lecture itself. You can book individual study spaces or go to a more social area to work with other people.
The student union building has a nice student restaurant/bar and cafes along with a food court with lots of options.
The gyms are really modern and david ross (on main campus) has a swimming pool, climbing wall, snooker rooms, dojo and the normal sports halls, courts and gym facilities.
There is also so many societies and sports clubs to get involved in - I hadn't heard of half of them before uni but some of them seem very fun. This is also a really great way to meet people with similar interests and increase your social life as they often hold socials from going out, laser tag, cinema, trips away etc.

The city is really lively as there is 2 large universities to cater for. There are loads of independent bars, cafes and restaurants along with all of the big chain ones. The nightlife is really good with lots of clubs playing different types of music all across town. There is student nights most days of the week too.
There is also a really cheap bowling centre, cinemas, mini golf and other activities. There is also the castle and caves which are definitely worth a visit.

I hope this gives you a bit of an insight but if you have any questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending