The Student Room Group

Sick of being alone

I lost my soulmate, a few of them actually and am older now. I just see nobody and I mean nobody that compares. It is so utterly impossible to find a connection and I'm so alone for what feels like forever. I'm sick of it. I want the peace and comfort that comes from love. Why is it so impossible to meet anyone you have anything in common with, don't even start on dating apps.
(edited 1 year ago)
So sorry to hear that! Sending love :smile: Time is a funny thing, you'll get there. Maybe do something outside your comfort zone and see what happens. I met my love on a skydive!!! Good luck!
Original post by drumdrumdrum
So sorry to hear that! Sending love :smile: Time is a funny thing, you'll get there. Maybe do something outside your comfort zone and see what happens. I met my love on a skydive!!! Good luck!

Thanks. But internet dating is a void just soulless. And I feel I've already met the right person and lost them. It's just so rare to find love and compatibility like that. Just feels hopeless. Like I'm destined to be alone
I'm genuinely at a loss can anyone advise me?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Thanks. But internet dating is a void just soulless. And I feel I've already met the right person and lost them. It's just so rare to find love and compatibility like that. Just feels hopeless. Like I'm destined to be alone

Trust, you just feel like that now cuz it's raw. Time will heal and you'll learn from that relationship to take to your next one (even though you can't see that right now). It's a normal part of life most people go through. You got this :smile:
Original post by drumdrumdrum
Trust, you just feel like that now cuz it's raw. Time will heal and you'll learn from that relationship to take to your next one (even though you can't see that right now). It's a normal part of life most people go through. You got this :smile:

Serendipity is not much to rely on. I ran into a girl with a beautiful smile today but making a connection is hard. Don't know where I'm going to meet anyone tbh.
honestly it feels as if everytime something good happens it all goes away so quickly, it’s as if I’m not allowed to be happy, one day I have loads of people entering my life and becoming my closest friends and now I’m back alone.. with no one and it’s heartbreaking because I can’t be alone I need people to talk to because i cannot function alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending