The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Official King's College London 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, does anyone know how important it is when you submit your UCAS application, if it's before the equal consideration deadline (31st Jan)?
Do KCL go through the applications in order of when they received them, and give offers first come first served, or do they look at all of them, and then decide who to give offers to after viewing them all?

And how important is it in terms of looking keen, if it's submitted earlier e.g. in September/October? I haven't been able to submit mine earlier, because I needed a reference from an old teacher, who has been away from school for some months.

Thanks.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Haribo22
Hi, does anyone know how important it is when you submit your UCAS application, if it's before the equal consideration deadline (31st Jan)?
Do KCL go through the applications in order of when they received them, and give offers first come first served, or do they look at all of them, and then decide who to give offers to after viewing them all?

And how important is it in terms of looking keen, if it's submitted earlier e.g. in September/October? I haven't been able to submit mine earlier, because I needed a reference from an old teacher, who has been away from school for some months.

Thanks.

Applications are not assessed on a first-come first serve basis. However, it is important that you submit it before the equal consideration deadline to ensure that you have the best possible chance of an offer. Universities generally make decisions on applications randomly, and they know how many to make offers to through years of practice.

Also, this is the 2023 application cycle thread; you might want to move to the 2024 one :wink:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Applications are not assessed on a first-come first serve basis. However, it is important that you submit it before the equal consideration deadline to ensure that you have the best possible chance of an offer. Universities generally make decisions on applications randomly, and they know how many to make offers to through years of practice.

Also, this is the 2023 application cycle thread; you might want to move to the 2024 one :wink:

Thank you for clarifying this! 😊

Haha whoops…I will move to the correct thread… ☺️
Those applying for Economics and Management, when did your application last changed?

Quick Reply

Latest