The Student Room Group

Counter Intelligence course pharmacy

Hi guys,

I'm currently completing my Counter Intelligence course via lloyds pharmacy. I am completing the Pharmacy Assistant one where I can become a dispenser.
Now once I've finished the course, would I get a certificate stating I'm a qualified dispenser?
And also, I would like to locum at different pharmacy companies on the weekends and was just wondering whether different companies other than lloyds will accept the course I'm doing.
I know the common dispensing course company is Buttercups and many pharmacy companies accept this. But I am unsure whether they will accept the course I'm completing

I just need some clarification please
Thanks!
Original post by Rs12
Hi guys,

I'm currently completing my Counter Intelligence course via lloyds pharmacy. I am completing the Pharmacy Assistant one where I can become a dispenser.
Now once I've finished the course, would I get a certificate stating I'm a qualified dispenser?
And also, I would like to locum at different pharmacy companies on the weekends and was just wondering whether different companies other than lloyds will accept the course I'm doing.
I know the common dispensing course company is Buttercups and many pharmacy companies accept this. But I am unsure whether they will accept the course I'm completing

I just need some clarification please
Thanks!

Hi Rs12,

You don’t actually need a qualification to work as a dispenser in a pharmacy.

I am currently a locum pharmacist (N. East) invariably working in the independent sector.

The great majority of dispensers who I work alongside do not have formal qualification. A very few do or are just starting courses. The multiples (Boots, Lloyds etc) are more enthusiastic about formal qualifications however.

I have never come across a locum dispenser. For various reasons I very much doubt it is a viable option in the situation you illustrate. Multiples would not like their employees moonlighting in rivals. It may be in your contract.

In the pharmacies where I locum most dispensing assistants are on minimum wage or a very little higher. When you consider the workload, stress and responsibility it is disgraceful. Morale generally is very low with high staff turnover. Checkout work at Aldi pays substantially more. One dispenser I know is just leaving. Will be working in dog day care centre for £1/hr pay rise!

Good luck.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, hope you doing good, even I have started my course. I need your help. Can we talk for sometime. This is my number 07507849490. My name is Srikanth. Please ping me in what's app.Waiting for your messageThank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending